Love and hate Tracer gt,,lots gone wrong all at once

All happened over a few days ,,first I could not and still cant access menu on control panel,,I can operate everything else but it won't open to the main menu  ever since I reverted back to stock settings a few days ago because it was being a pain so I thought maybe resetting might help .  Then after replacing chain and sprocket ,{stock } and making the mistake [which I've done before with no problem} I ran bike on center stand in gear and the engine light is now on so I tried disconnecting the battery but then today after reconnecting the tcs light was on and cruise control light was flashing ,, the tcs  light went off after restarting bike but didn't help with c c light .  I did a search  here for all issues , seems to all happen at once . Anyone else experience any of this nonsense ? I did see a post about a scanner that would reset engine light I wonder if it would help with the other issues . Oh its a 2020Tracer gt 

thanks ,,,any insight would be appreciated if I can avoid a dealer ,,,I have trust issues 

First thing I would do is check the fuses under the seat.  I know that one of the 7.5 amp fuses under the seat will cause the menu to be locked out if it blows, along with other symptoms such as the QS being shut off.  Worth a look.  Otherwise I would let the dealer hook up to the diagnostic port under the passenger seat and see what they find.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

If the MIL (FI light) is illuminated you lose access to certain functions until the light is cleared. This has happened to more than one member here. 

sometimes running the bike on the center stand triggers a MIL, and sometimes it doesn’t.  The REASON it occurs is that that the ECM doesn’t like seeing a reference value from one wheel’s speed sensor and not from the other, and tries to engage the traction control - which generates the code.

It’s not smart enough to know you have the bike on the center stand. 

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

First thing I would do is check the fuses under the seat.  I know that one of the 7.5 amp fuses under the seat will cause the menu to be locked out if it blows, along with other symptoms such as the QS being shut off.  Worth a look.  Otherwise I would let the dealer hook up to the diagnostic port under the passenger seat and see what they find.

I'll take a look ,I did look at the other fuses behind turn signal ,,all good there 

thanks

2 hours ago, skipperT said:

If the MIL (FI light) is illuminated you lose access to certain functions until the light is cleared. This has happened to more than one member here. 

sometimes running the bike on the center stand triggers a MIL, and sometimes it doesn’t.  The REASON it occurs is that that the ECM doesn’t like seeing a reference value from one wheel’s speed sensor and not from the other, and tries to engage the traction control - which generates the code.

It’s not smart enough to know you have the bike on the center stand. 

-Skip

MIL,,FI light ?? you got me there ,,what's that 

• Supporting Member

Fuel Injection Light and Malfunction Indicator Light or Lamp, which is like a check engine light.

The FI light is the equivalent of a CEL in your car. The ecu has detected an abnormality with one of the sensors, check the code and see what's up.

The check engine light, often referred to as the Malfunction Indicator Lamp or MIL, allows the PCM to alert the driver that an emissions related problem has occurred or is currently occurring. The check engine light is located on the dashboard panel and is colored red or yellow.

• Supporting Member

Have you done the front brake light switch recall yet. I know the 19GTs had the recall and I think the 20GTs had the same recall. The bad switch kicked the cc light on my 2019 intermittently until it was replaced.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I bought a bluetooth code OBDII dongle and a cable to connect to the Yamaha connector.  I haven't pulled any codes yet but take it with me on trips as cheap insurance.  Sounds like you have a problem that would be simply solved by resetting the codes but in the meantime it is a royal pain.  

I really like the OBDII stuff but the hassle is if you don't know or don't have the proper equipment it can be a major headache.

I have a Chevy Bolt which is an EV.  Being an EV it has a giant battery but also has a standard 12 lead acid battery like normal cars.   LOL if the 12V battery goes dead then the car is done until it is replaced.  What totally cracks me up is the car can be started using a jump box just like any other normal car.  Many folks have encountered stuff like getting in the car and trying to start and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree.  Since EVs don't have a starter motor there is no good way to tell the battery is getting weak and about to fail.  Son-in-law has the 2013 Volt I bought new and it still has the original 12V battery which is mounted in the trunk.  He worries about it and I tell him not to worry just carry a juice box and you will be OK.

• Thumbsup 1

Yup. Menu locks when a code is there. I also got a Bluetooth OBD2 device just to reset my code when my menu locked.

Pretty cool some of the info you can read from your phone while it's on. I can even pull up 0-60 and quarter mile times on mine. Fun to play around with. 

• Premium Member
On 7/27/2022 at 3:04 PM, PhotoAl said:

have a Chevy Bolt which is an EV.  Being an EV it has a giant battery but also has a standard 12 lead acid battery like normal cars.   LOL if the 12V battery goes dead then the car is done until it is replaced.  

We replaced a Fusion hybrid with a Sonata hybrid - the Sonata has a button on the dash that let's you use the hybrid battery to jump start the 12V battery.

• Thumbsup 1

I've had it too, it's nothing to worry about...You just have to take it to the company and they will connect it to ecu In 5 minutes they will erase your damage and everything is fine..

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, roadrash83 said:

Have you done the front brake light switch recall yet. I know the 19GTs had the recall and I think the 20GTs had the same recall. The bad switch kicked the cc light on my 2019 intermittently until it was replaced.

Yes I had the recall done 

Thanks