• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

fj09_yosemite_ride.png

The Givi 2122s

Ordered it from Motostorm - delivered from Italy in about one week. The screen is great so far. It did require adjustment of the mirrors to avoid touching at full lock.

The other concern is the warning sticker that came on the screen: "do not exceed 80mph and do not leave parked in the sun." Apparently this screen may melt your dash.

I've had zero problems with it over the past 1k miles. Highly recommend this screen.

I use this for my cold weather screen, it's great.  My warm weather screen is the Calsci shorty

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

I tried to get some basis for comparison and to make it easier to understand why one windscreen works and another doesn't by doing a drawing that would allow us to uniformly measure and then compare. Here it is again: Dni2Sud.jpg
You forgot to add the link to the 3D laser that will take all those measurements while comfortably seating on the center stand  8-|

I tried to get some basis for comparison and to make it easier to understand why one windscreen works and another doesn't by doing a drawing that would allow us to uniformly measure and then compare. Here it is again: Dni2Sud.jpg

I would suggest starting this as a new thread and making it clear that replies should be the X,Y & Z measurements. Also screen type and performance should be stated
Mine are X=33"  Y=25"  Z=4"

The only complication is that I have and MRA X-creen touring visor on top of a Natiional Cycle V Stream Sport Touring screen that has been shortened by 3 inches.
Results are no turbulence and some wind noise at high speeds. Easily managed with earplugs.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Just installed the D2122DT today and did a quick ride. It replaced the stock screen with a Laminar Lip. The lip helped a great deal under about 40 mph and a little above that. Now with the Givi, without earplugs I was surprised how loud the engine when revved! In normal riding, the new screen helps a great deal under 60 and continues to help above 60. A booming bass is still there but higher frequencies are gone. I get much less airflow to my face, but I can feel wind in the top vents of my helmet. If I slouch, I can find a completely windless pocket of air. Just sitting, and the wind is still cleaner than standing in straight wind blast. I think I'll like it.

• Premium Member
I have the Kappa version of the screen... identical. Good screen, but I had to ditch the 1/2" offset spacers for best result.Good idea.  I might try that.  I think it's quieter when I'm closer to the screen.  I also need to remember to check to see if the dealer kept the handlebars forward when they did the recall.  If not, that will bring me closer, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
Any Canadian distributors doe the National Cycle N20317? It's the only "bigger" windscreen that does not look like a barn door(Givi/Kappa)... and with the colder weather, the stock one is not cutting it anymore!

Or if someone wants to sell theirs since they have gone with something else, fell free to offer :)

Any Canadian distributors doe the National Cycle N20317? It's the only "bigger" windscreen that does not look like a barn door(Givi/Kappa)... and with the colder weather, the stock one is not cutting it anymore! 
Or if someone wants to sell theirs since they have gone with something else, fell free to offer :)
...here? I rock the Kappa... B-|
Weird, that did not come up when I searched! 
As for the Kappa, i'm sure it works and i'm usually function over fashion but damn... it looks huge. Mind you, so do I on the bike :D

Weird, that did not come up when I searched! 
As for the Kappa, i'm sure it works and i'm usually function over fashion but damn... it looks huge. Mind you, so do I on the bike :D
...it is large, but actually looks way better than in photos. Offers good protection too, although if you're much taller than I am (5'9")... might need something taller (Madstad?).
I'm 6'4"... Having ridden sportbikes previously I am happy with the stock one so far, I just need more protection from the cold mornings until... well... it goes into storage in +-2 months.

If I wanted more protection I would have picked up a FJR1300 or a ST1300 :D

I like the Givi one...function over looks is the main goal... compared to stock I love the fact it helps push air away from going over the tank and landing in ones lap to keeping the vast majority of the air to just outside the edge of my legs...it also keeps a good majority of air off the chest area which took me a few days to get used to as the force of the air was part of my "internal speed gauge" ...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Got a CalSci short screen for some wind in my face this summer. It's not as smooth air as being hunched over on a sportbike, but pretty close. Easy to switch with the CalSci medium + XCreen deflector I have for colder weather and longer rides.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

I am a new member of this community.
I ride Yamaha MT-09 Tracer, I'm 188cm tall and stock windshield creates too much buffeting in my helmet, so I ride without a windshield.
Has anyone tried one of these with a stock windscreen?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Windshield-Windscreen-Wind-Screen-Deflector-Clip-on-Clear-Universal/391924376965?hash=item5b40836585:g:LcIAAOSwLJ9aBp0j&vxp=mtr

Any better?

I am trying to avoid buying one of those barn door type of windshield like givi or kappa.
Truth is, Puig Touring looks nice but windguards are touching it when locking handlebar left or right.

Greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina!