FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

IMG_5167_zpsoxcclemd.jpg

Do you get wind from the screen blowing down on your hands? I'm not sure if its from the screen or if its from the hand guards but I feel pressure as if my hands are being pressed into the bars.

I really don't notice the wind on my hands as I am wearing gloves.  I really don't mind the wind as long as it's not turbulent like it was with the stock screen.  Buffeting is gone now, my ride is completely pleasant now. 

• Premium Member
Browsing the excellent Italian store where I have bought some Givi stuff, I found another option for a shorty job. Not tried it. 106 euros - they ship worldwide http://www.accessorimotostore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_68_6977_6980&products_id=21698 

http://www.barracudamoto.com/moto/yamaha/mt-09-tracer/cupolino-aerosposrt.html is the maker's website with some other bits & bobs including some tacky mirrors.

ymtr9300%20[640x480].jpg
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
I just recieved my FJ back from Cee Baily Windshields.I let them use my bike to make there new windshield.I am very pleased with what they came up with. they should be available to purchase now so call them. I would think they should be added to there website very soon they also made molds for headlight guards>
                                           Malhusky

• Premium Member
I just recieved my FJ back from Cee Baily Windshields.I let them use my bike to make there new windshield.I am very pleased with what they came up with. they should be available to purchase now so call them. I would think they should be added to there website very soon they also made molds for headlight guards>                                            Malhusky

Pictures or you will get a 30 day ban. Just kidding, can you post some pictures of the Cee Bailey please?haha_zps37316wby.gif

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Main problem with my tracer was extreme noise I was getting at higher speeds (above 80-90 km/h) with my SHOEI GT AIR Helmet and standard screen (no matter which of the 3 positions). The noise was almost unbearable, like, constant BASS sound from the subwoofer speaker. I could not ride my bike for more than 100 km without ear plugs. I was close to completely removing the windshield, but eventually bought this:

http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2016/racing-screen/c171en/f1-r2-m7092/

It's better. Far better. Wind is now flowing more predictably to my upper chest and that damn low "broooooooom" noise is gone. My helmet is now getting more free air also, so vents are working better.

My only complain about that Puig racing screen is that the screen is not resting on supports that hold the stock one (small rubber things). But I guess it's not needed because the screen is about 6 cm smaller.

Sorry on my bad English, I'm from Croatia btw, 35 years old Yamaha lover. Had Fazer FZ6S before, new Tracer owner, 2000 km on my clock ;)

Made my own. Had it up to 80 mph with no complaints. No strong pressure that causes fatigue. I'm coming off of a Harley sportster that didn't have one. I had to literally hold on to the bars to keep the wind from pushing me off. aaf05a0f427142e79fc51b0443060830.jpg8011bac5e6efd2d37354ee589b5e96ee.jpg

Did this work ?  I'm a new Fj owner and am trying different options. 
A lot of the options depend how tall you are. I am 6'4" and I went with the Parabellum 26" windshield. It worked great especially with my Icon Variant helmet which is a very noisy helmet. What I like about Parabellum is for an extra, I believe $50, they will send you their shorty screen. Ive been using that during the summer, on the open road I get a lot of clean air and very little turbulent air around the helmet. My one issue I get with the shorty is when I am behind a SUV or Van I still get the turbulent wind around the helmet (could be because of the Icon also). Install was very easy took about 15min.  

• Premium Member
Does the Puig deflector do anything for the stock windshield? Everyone saying it is awesome seems to also have a 3rd party windshield as well.
Probably but I'd bought the Powerbronze first and a) had disposed of the OE screen and b) preferred the dark tint of the Powerbronze screen. 
In hindsight, just buying the deflector may have improved things enough. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.