FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

I bought the Zero Gravity sport tour from Revzilla... (sigh)... no improvement. The screen looks good on the bike, but in the high position especially the wind noise is very bad. I'm 6'1, primarily wear a Shoei GT Air, with the seat set in the "low" position.

Are there any good options for taller riders on the FJ09? The best result I've had was chopping the stock screen in half. I catch all the wind in my chest, which does add to more fatigue on long rides, but at least the air around the helmet is quieter.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated....

Very interesting thread a lot of information, not a lot of tall people who have really found a solution to the terrible stock windscreen. I tried lowering it and raising the seat to the highest position, to get the wind more on my chest. Worked terribly. So after reading all the posts ive narrowed it down to these options:

1) CalSci Large
2) Parabellum Tall

Anyone around the height of 6'4" who can comment or say that either one of these screens worked best. Thank you!!!

Very interesting thread a lot of information, not a lot of tall people who have really found a solution to the terrible stock windscreen. I tried lowering it and raising the seat to the highest position, to get the wind more on my chest. Worked terribly. So after reading all the posts ive narrowed it down to these options: 
1) CalSci Large
2) Parabellum Tall

Anyone around the height of 6'4" who can comment or say that either one of these screens worked best. Thank you!!!

I'm 6'6 and I'm going with madstad

• Premium Member
1) CalSci Large
2) Parabellum Tall

I'm 6'6 and I'm going with madstad
I'm 6'2" (so you're a bit taller than me) and went with the 22" Madstad.  Working very well for me!  Much smoother airflow.  I still get some airflow to the body (no pressure) which I really appreciate in warmer temperatures (live in SoCal) while still feeling protected.  You would probably need the 24" version as the 22" is just tall enough for me.  Good Luck!  

• Premium Member
Can you folks with the KTM handguards provide me with a little more info on them, pics, what style, and so forth?
Too lazy to take pics now, but they are the normal KTM endurance bike hand guards. Cost something like £40 here. They were very simple and easy to fit, except I need to make some kind of adjustment as when I use the heated grips the throttle expands and needs more space. They don't seem to provide any more or less protection, but they reduced the width of the handle bars. I don't think any hand guards make a pretty design, but subjectively the simpler design is an improvement over the complex design and many elements of the originals. 
I think these were the ones: link

• Premium Member
Can you folks with the KTM handguards provide me with a little more info on them, pics, what style, and so forth?
http://fj-09.org/thread/1646/fitted-any-alternative-hand-guards has pictures & sources - google the part no. 6030217910030  to find local sources - in the UK they are in stock at Fowlers in Bristol (also mail order)  
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Here's my new Isotta high windscreen:

4c3df3477594908.jpg 22d9da477594909.jpg 10f6c9477594910.jpg

Vs the original one:
116jdj8.jpg

You also need a kit of a couple of brackets (and 4 bolts) which makes the original fixing more stable.

75euros for the shield + 20euros for the brackets kit.

No need to remove the hand guards.

Very very well made, 6mm thickness, strong enough to remain stable even at 150-160kph, even with the MRA XCreen deflector, no vision distortions, easy mounting.

It reduces A LOT the turbulences from the air flux, i can stay with the helmet visor open at over 100kph with no problems.

I think it's not so ugly and integrates well with the bike's style.

Guest bruinfj09guy
Revzilla has had the National Touring for a bit up until last night. I notice they will have a few and then sell out. I check almost every day for the Sport Touring. I almost had one a couple days ago. The site said one available and then it disappeared. 

• 2 weeks later...
So i wanted to give an update of my windshield adventures. I ended up getting the 26" parabellum clear windshield. I installed it a few days ago and took a ride on on a very windy day. It worked great i didnt have the wind buffering around my helmet and the wind noise was at a minimum, even with the large gusts of wind. The windshield looks great with the bike. I am waiting to receive the short tinted flyscreen to see how that will work on those hot days. Again i am 6'4" i wear an Icon Variant Construct Helmet (which is a really noisy helmet) and the screen worked great!!!YovaRn

• 3 weeks later...
So I am 5'9" with the sport touring V Stream. At first it still left me with quite a bit of buffering at high speeds, but after adding the Puig wind deflector, it's like heaven. I can ride with my visor open at 70 mph. I can hear the growl from the exhaust. It's a complete different experience. I do have the Corbin seat which puts me up a bit but this is by far where I call it good. I highly recommend this combo!