bringing back an old topic, I want to upgrade to 320mm rotors need spacers

as the title states, I am thinking of upgrading to EBC or Gafler 2016 R1 320mm front rotors.  my 2019 GT has 298mm front rotors, so I need 11mm spacers.  Anyone know of a source for correct fitting 11mm spacers?

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, Heavy said:

Not as much bling though.

Thank you for saying what I was trying to figure out how to say, without sounding like a total poser.  😃

So, ‘yes’ I believe that good HH pads alone (along with a fluid flush) would get you 80% of these improvements at a fraction of the cost.   But honestly, what‘s the fun in that?   

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Thank you for saying what I was trying to figure out how to say, without sounding like a total poser.  😃

So, ‘yes’ I believe that good HH pads alone (along with a fluid flush) would get you 80% of these improvements at a fraction of the cost.   But honestly, what‘s the fun in that?   

Not having the 320mm rotors but changing the pads to the sintered variety and installing braided brake lines made a big difference over the organic OEM pads and lines for me I know - but yea, the rotors do look very blingy and we know we all secretly like that🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

an R1 Brembo radial master cylinder adds that much more.

I honestly think that may be the missing link.  I’m still using the stock FJ master cylinder (with all the other brake mods you mentioned), and while it has great stopping power, the lever feel is a bit wooden.   And I’m really picky about brake feedback… the Brembos on my Triumph and Aprilia just have a much better tactile feel.   

R1 320 rotors, Speigler lines and HH+ (from OEM GG) pads, an R1 Brembo radial master cylinder adds that much more.

I assume same year for the Brembo Radial master cylinder  2016 - 2020 R1 will work

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2023 at 8:29 PM, texscottyd said:

I honestly think that may be the missing link.  I’m still using the stock FJ master cylinder (with all the other brake mods you mentioned), and while it has great stopping power, the lever feel is a bit wooden.   And I’m really picky about brake feedback… the Brembos on my Triumph and Aprilia just have a much better tactile feel.   

Yes all the FZ/FJ/Tracer brake lever pull IMO are too short.  I prefer more travel for better control possibly at the expense of instantaneous bite.

5 hours ago, Rdecae81 said:

R1 320 rotors, Speigler lines and HH+ (from OEM GG) pads, an R1 Brembo radial master cylinder adds that much more.

I assume same year for the Brembo Radial master cylinder  2016 - 2020 R1 will work

I believe my 320 rotors and MC I bought from PartShark are for a 2014 R1 but left and right were the same PN. I even considered the then available (I installed these in 2017) red anodized aluminum rotor carriers instead of black but chickened out as the added bling along with my red reflective rim tape would have been too much on my fastest red 15. Total expenditure at the time was maybe $330 for the rotors & MC; the MC reservoir and bar clamp with built-in mirror boss,  etc. was nominally more.

I have a PartShark account and can verify PN if you'all request them.

• Thumbsup 1

For those of you who have converted to braided lines, did you remove the ABS stuff or did you run from the adapters (manifolds?) at the front and rear down into the rotors. In theory, those bits where the hard lines and soft lines meet should be threaded for standard banjo fittings, no?

Edit: I should specify NOT the ABS unit under the tank, I'm referring to the hard-line assemblies that run out of that to the front and rear where the soft lines come into play

Edited by ItsTracerTime

• Supporting Member
46 minutes ago, ItsTracerTime said:

For those of you who have converted to braided lines, did you remove the ABS stuff or did you run from the adapters (manifolds?) at the front and rear down into the rotors. In theory, those bits where the hard lines and soft lines meet should be threaded for standard banjo fittings, no?

Edit: I should specify NOT the ABS unit under the tank, I'm referring to the hard-line assemblies that run out of that to the front and rear where the soft lines come into play

You can get kits that offer both options.  If you are going to replace the lines, it is MUCH easier to replace the entire line instead of piecing them together.  The old lines can be cut out and thrown away fairly easily.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***