Yamaha USA Announces 2024 Tracer 9 GT+

Doesn't look like the radar can be turned off as it's connected to the ACC. 

9 GT+ owner's manual here => https://ownersmanuals2.com/yamaha/tracer-900-gt-2023-owners-manual-94516

Lots of new tech features on the + model including the the smartphone connectivity, BT and the immobilizer key system.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

Would love to have the new GT+. A lot of nice features and tech, especially the updated quickshifter & dash, new braking system, semi-active suspension, and lean-angle TC. I probably could do without all the adaptive radar stuff, but who knows, I really like it in my cages...

But damn, $18K+ OTD is probably way more than I'm to ever pay for a bike.

I paid $13K OTD for my '19 GT. That was A LOT of money for me to spend on a bike then. I'm a low mileage guy, so at age 55, I figured that would be my forever bike.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Just one word from me for the OZ pricing of this new beast.....  OUCH!

I paid AU<$15K for my base model back in 2016 and sure, have added many bits over time to bring it up to GT specs but just OUCH to the price of this one.

I know that it's a completely, well somewhat, different beast to my 'antique' but ..... did I say OUCH?

image.png.5a0020449c1a9f07b14e8ea73c5ef89a.png

5 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Just one word from me for the OZ pricing of this new beast.....  OUCH!

I paid AU<$15K for my base model back in 2016 and sure, have added many bits over time to bring it up to GT specs but just OUCH to the price of this one.

I know that it's a completely, well somewhat, different beast to my 'antique' but ..... did I say OUCH?

image.png.5a0020449c1a9f07b14e8ea73c5ef89a.png

Considering exchange rate of course, it's still a better deal than @roadwarrior suggests is available in the US at $18+K OTD. That 27.6K AUD converts to a smidge under $18K USD at today's exchange rate.

So yeah, certainly expensive, but I give some credit to Yamaha as they are offering a comparable price in different markets.

• Thumbsup 1

A couple of things...  This is my first post.  And I don't have a Tracer...yet.  I did have 2 FJRs - a 2005 (106,000 miles) and a 2016 (48,000 miles).  I'm currently living in Costa Rica, and...today I am going to the BMW Dealer in San Jose...to fight for my money back.  I have had 2 F850GS models since I have been here, and between them, I have been stranded with a totally dead bike, 4 times.  This time...the dash said "ABS fault".  And it would not start.  Good battery, no start.  Towed to the dealer (4th time), and they tell me that the GPS caused the problem.  Yes, I wrote that correctly.  The GPS (an accessory) caused an ABS fault that prevented the bike from starting.  Brake lever works, brake fluid in the line, pads can squeeze the disks...but if the ABS doesn't work, the bike doesn't work.

Enough of that.  Tracer 900 GT +.

I saw the recent post by Deany, and he says he is in West Texas.  I was in El Paso last week, I went to the Yamaha dealership, and asked about the Tracer and availability.  Viva Motorsports could not be less interested in me wanting to buy a new motorcycle from them.  They said... "We can't order them.  We only get what Yamaha sends.  And nobody wants that kind of bike around here, anyway."

As I said, I'm in Costa Rica (for the last 5 years) and I am moving to Las Cruces, NM at the beginning of November, and I have decided that my next bike is going to be a 2024 Tracer 900 GT+. 

So after all that blathering, here are the questions I hope I will start getting answers to:  where can I get one?  Who will sell me one?  I'll travel to Maine or Washington state to get one...  But where is there a dealer that will tell me they plan on getting one and would let me buy one from them.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, Birkdale10 said:

But where is there a dealer that will tell me they plan on getting one and would let me buy one from them.

On the left side of the web page in this link are "Reserve Now" and "Get a Quote" buttons.  "Maybe" that might get you a step closer?  Good luck.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/models.php?product=204&action=productPage

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 minutes ago, Birkdale10 said:

This is my first post.  And I don't have a Tracer...yet.

Welcome! Lots of new folks joining this forum and interested and buying both old and new Tracers! Hope you get a new one.

9 minutes ago, Birkdale10 said:

I have decided that my next bike is going to be a 2024 Tracer 900 GT+. 

Best to use the Yamaha US link and input some various zip codes and see what availability is like.  Most dealers should probably start to see new models come in eventually. And yea it is kind of what it is in terms of Yamaha just sends dealers the bikes, but if you're on good terms with a dealer including a small reserve / down payment, that will help get you in line. Since our Seattle WA area dealers received loads of '22 models come in between Sept and Nov last year, dealers will try closeout sales to make room for the new ones arriving. 

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/models.php?product=204&action=productPage

On 8/10/2023 at 10:24 AM, Toei said:

Thanks @robzilla, you're right it looks like ACC or nothing (no standard CC mode).  

That just plain sucks.  Very short sighted not to have regular cruise for those of us who dislike adaptive cruise and want to avoid the situations it can put you in.  I don't like it in my car, and  I won't be buying one of these bikes.  If you read the manual section thoroughly, you'll see disclaimers and situations where it won't necessarily work, or cause you danger.

• Supporting Member

CAD $24K on the Canadian website (priced out using MSRP). I like the bike a lot... even having just sat on it a bunch of times (it feels at home), but... I'd have to free up more time to ride to justify the upgrade. Probably not for another 2-3 years when I retire. Looking forward to that for sure. Until then, or maybe longer 🙂, I will ride my trusty FJ... and pay attention as any 9GT+ issues/complaints get solutioned on this forum.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, RaYzerman said:

That just plain sucks.  Very short sighted not to have regular cruise for those of us who dislike adaptive cruise and want to avoid the situations it can put you in.  I don't like it in my car, and  I won't be buying one of these bikes.  If you read the manual section thoroughly, you'll see disclaimers and situations where it won't necessarily work, or cause you danger.

You could just opt to use the system as you would a standard CC... with little traffic and all moving at decent speed. I like it in my car, but as soon as things slow down enough for me to need to shift down a gear or two, I defeat it and wait until things open up again. It was a bit of a learning curve for sure. Lane changes and passing especially. Having said all that... I am curious how this would feel/work on a motorcycle.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

15 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

I rarely ride the slab so adaptive CC wouldn't be a factor in most scenarios, plus I am generally moving faster than traffic on the slab and keep away from all cages and big cages. :)

Birkdale,

Funny that you are in Costa Rica.  My wife and I just moved to Texas from Costa Rica.  We lived in Escazu for 3 years. 

I had a tough time getting my local dealer to order me a GT +.  They kept telling me I had to wait and see what they get.  I went through the yamaha website and asked for a quote and I think that is what got them to call their local yamaha rep and get my name on the list to order. If it's any help I am getting mine through Family Powersports in San Angelo, TX.  It may be worth giving them a call and asking if they can order another one.

• Thumbsup 1