CLUTCH CABLE

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, that is a fairly tight bend! I wonder if a longer one re-routed to increase the radius of the bends would work better?

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
I just purchased and received two new factory clutch cables just in case P/N 2PP-26335-01-00. One for me, and one for any friend in need.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I just purchased and received two new factory clutch cables just in case P/N 2PP-26335-01-00. One for me, and one for any friend in need.
Whoo-hoo! Thx Lewis. 
Speaking of in need.... ready?

forks1.jpg

Ty

Yup, pulling the cars out now. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 4 months later...
After 6,000 miles, I've been noticing that my clutch cable has been getting looser and looser lately, to the point now where it feels like the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I've adjusted the slack at the lever a few times, but after hearing stories about clutch cables breaking, I'm thinking I'd better replace it.

How are folks making out with their non-OEM cables so far (MotionPro, Kawasaki, R1)? Thinking I'd rather go that route than an OEM cable that will just need replacing in another 6K miles...

Thanks in advance!

After 6,000 miles, I've been noticing that my clutch cable has been getting looser and looser lately, to the point now where it feels like the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I've adjusted the slack at the lever a few times, but after hearing stories about clutch cables breaking, I'm thinking I'd better replace it. 
How are folks making out with their non-OEM cables so far (MotionPro, Kawasaki, R1)? Thinking I'd rather go that route than an OEM cable that will just need replacing in another 6K miles...

Thanks in advance!

The R1 clutch cable is very good.

Thanks a bunch. I'll order one shortly, hopefully as a permanent solution.

In the meantime, I swung by my dealer and picked up an OEM cable. Installed it in about 30 minutes - pretty easy. But could someone do me a huge favor and check where the clutch cable routes near the engine? Should it physically touch the valve cover? Mine does and I just want to confirm that it's correct before I go melting something...

Thanks again for your help!

• Premium Member
Does this help?

20160604_160610_zpsnop6hhon.jpg

20160604_160620_zpsr4q9ajkf.jpg

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
That's super helpful - thanks so much. How about the other side, if you don't mind? Here's the area I'm particularly concerned about. Clutch cable slightly touches the engine? 
CdHBiNt.jpg
Exactly the same as mine. I took a picture, but it looks like yours.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mine snapped at 5500.
Motion pro and Yamaha replacement on the way. Motion pro will get the install first.

Now I wait for the trailer, see if I get any sympathy from the dealer and the extended warranty.....

• Premium Member
Mine snapped at 5500. Motion pro and Yamaha replacement on the way. Motion pro will get the install first.

Now I wait for the trailer, see if I get any sympathy from the dealer and the extended warranty.....

Good luck. I can't get them to call me back about the cracked side panels on my brand new motorcycle. I've been calling every couple of days and talking to various people for 2 weeks now. They answer, take my info, put me on hold for several minutes, answer again and say that a supervisor will call me back. They don't and I call back in a couple of days and the whole process repeats.

Let’s go Brandon

Archived