What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Replaced front fender.

The paint was coming off in spots. Showed it to my dealer, who sent the claim with pictures off to the mothership. Within a few days I got the call that Yamaha had agreed to replace it under warranty. Received the replacement a few days after that.

Hard to complain about that kind of response. Yamaha could show BMW a thing or two about taking responsibility and corrective action when appropriate.

• Premium Member
Replaced front fender. 
The paint was coming off in spots. Showed it to my dealer, who sent the claim with pictures off to the mothership. Within a few days I got the call that Yamaha had agreed to replace it under warranty. Received the replacement a few days after that.

Hard to complain about that kind of response. Yamaha could show BMW a thing or two about taking responsibility and corrective action when appropriate.

That's encouraging to hear Bob. It IS good to know they take their warranty issues seriously. I've already had my go around with that silly seized bearing issue...
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Really like what you've done here. Do you have a link to that color of rim tape you used. Ties in really well with the accent on the fairing.........very nice!
It's from progrip part number 5025RFBL, it is also reflective.
Hey thanks! Didn't realize it was 7mm wide reflective, good to know. Did you make the fairing accent from the same stuff?

• Premium Member
Replaced front fender. 

That's encouraging to hear Bob. It IS good to know they take their warranty issues seriously. I've already had my go around with that silly seized bearing issue...
What happened? 

• Premium Member
What happened?
http://fj-09.org/thread/1823/clutch-problem-disengage-gearbox?page=1&scrollTo=19078 
Clutch throwout bearing seized up. Barely 1150 miles on it. I'm relatively certain the mechanics that did the shifter linkage recall work fouled up the assembly somehow, but I'll never be able to prove that.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Went for a great ride with my youngest son. He is 32 and rides a 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 636. While the ride was thoroughly enjoyable, as it always is, we switched bikes for a while. I was quickly reminded that I am 63 years old and no longer can bend myself into the shape of a pretzel. Once back on my FJ-09 I remembered why I bought it. This is a great bike. Performs well, is comfortable and I can sit on it like a human being.

Having said all that, I would ride any bike just to keep my riding relationship with my two sons. Those are great times, no matter what bike you are on.
Mikengrace.
2015 Yamaha FJ-09. SWmoteck crash bars, OEM front and rear axle sliders, Second OEM electrical plug in, Garmin GPS and mount, Powerbronze lower chin fairing, accessory battery pig tail, Evotech radiator guard. Evotech clip on tank bag.
Fully farkled 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, to keep it company.

Last few days I've mounted the Givi SR2122 Top Case Rack so I could mount my old 45L Monokey top case. Installed the oem heated grips and mounted some highway pegs on the SWmoteck crashbars. Getting ready for a trip to VA and NC to ride the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Pkwy and the Dragon next week.

• Premium Member
What happened?
http://fj-09.org/thread/1823/clutch-problem-disengage-gearbox?page=1&scrollTo=19078 
Clutch throwout bearing seized up. Barely 1150 miles on it. I'm relatively certain the mechanics that did the shifter linkage recall work fouled up the assembly somehow, but I'll never be able to prove that.
Don't know how I missed that one, but I'm glad that it worked out. 

• Premium Member
Last few days I've mounted the Givi SR2122 Top Case Rack so I could mount my old 45L Monokey top case. Installed the oem heated grips and mounted some highway pegs on the SWmoteck crashbars. Getting ready for a trip to VA and NC to ride the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Pkwy and the Dragon next week.
That's going to be a great trip!  I love those roads. 

Today I installed a couple of 10 watt driving lights. 
The other day, I replaced the forward frame sliders I installed for highway pegs with passenger pegs from an XS650 Yamaha. The only modifications needed were several flat washers to fill the frame insert and a 5mm longer bolt for the left side of the frame since that insert is deeper than the right side. Works like a charm, fold flat when not in use and since they're black, they blend right in with the engine. Cheap, too.

The other day, I replaced the forward frame sliders I installed for highway pegs with passenger pegs from an XS650 Yamaha. The only modifications needed were several flat washers to fill the frame insert and a 5mm longer bolt for the left side of the frame since that insert is deeper than the right side. Works like a charm, fold flat when not in use and since they're black, they blend right in with the engine. Cheap, too.
Pics? 

• Premium Member
2 things.

I did the low profile drain plug mod. I now feel less vulnerable.

A I flipped the top handlebar clamp pieces around so the extra "tabs" with the threaded holes under them are facing backward, behind the bars. I moved my bars forward a while back, and this made getting my big, gloved hand down to the key and ignition very tight. Getting those square things out of the way gives better access. The picture in the post above made me think of it.

Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...