What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I'm sorry, but does it LOOK like I'm trolling around?  B-| 
I'm specifically looking for factory, seems like nobody around here (here being a relative term for Southern California, in the extremely off chance there was any confusion) has been able to get them. 
Here's an alternative  while you wait on Yamaha...   http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-utilities/rider-comfort/grips-accessories/aerostich-warm-wrap-grips.html
I'd really like to try and stick with factory as much as possible. I'm the kind of guy that wants everything to plug in and be removable with ease.

Guess I'll have to wait until January  8-|

The gloves I have work awesome as long as they're not sitting in the cold before I put them on. I guess this must be due to poor circulation in my hands... 

Does anyone know what the accessory plug type is that's under the dash? There's 3 plugs, 2 look like they're for the heated grips, then there's the 3rd plug- what type of plug is that? Or does anyone know where I can get the plug? I've been searching around and can't seem to find the answer (either that or I'm not searching for the right things lol8.gif ).

Rode it to OC Cars & Coffee in Costa Mesa, a ritual performed whenever I'm in SoCal. Not as good as it was when C&C was in Irvine but still some nice cars. I was the only bike there, except for a couple of vendor bikes. I did talk to another FJ9 owner, though.

Packing up tonight and riding home to AZ in the morning...

• Premium Member
...If you are ever able to ride the Devils Highway (formerly Route 666, now renamed Route 191) ...
Going either way on US 191 is a great ride, especially if you add in the ride along US 60 from Florence Junction to Show Low. I've gone that way myself, and I have to admit that I like it better when I start in the south from Morenci and head north to Springerville and Show Low. It just works better for me, since the more technical curves are mostly south of Hanagan Meadow, when I'm fresher. Mostly sweepers north of there. 
A pretty good extension to that ride is to push it east from Alpine, AZ over to US 180 in New Mexico and head south and then west on NM 78 till it curves you back into Arizona south of Clifton/Morenci.

Congrats - sounds like a long day...
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

...If you are ever able to ride the Devils Highway (formerly Route 666, now renamed Route 191) ...
Going either way on US 191 is a great ride, especially if you add in the ride along US 60 from Florence Junction to Show Low. I've gone that way myself, and I have to admit that I like it better when I start in the south from Morenci and head north to Springerville and Show Low. It just works better for me, since the more technical curves are mostly south of Hanagan Meadow, when I'm fresher. Mostly sweepers north of there. 
A pretty good extension to that ride is to push it east from Alpine, AZ over to US 180 in New Mexico and head south and then west on NM 78 till it curves you back into Arizona south of Clifton/Morenci.

Congrats - sounds like a long day...

It was a VERY long day...but so worth it. Yes, this is the route we took, heading out the 60 to safford, then up to three way, and then North on 191. A great back road to skip around greer was suggested by a local, Route 249. Its a great back road that takes you behind Sunrise Ski Resort. It was amazing, and also cut 30 mins off the trip. 

Went on a bitchin' 599 mile ride, took 13.5 hours. If you are ever able to ride the Devils Highway (formerly Route 666, now renamed Route 191) DO IT. 123 miles long and over 220 curves! Absolutely amazing riding.  

Nice ride!  A few years ago (well, maybe 10 years ago!) I rode it with a local internet group 'Fastour'.  We started in Springerville, and rode the 180 south through New Mexico, back into AZ and started at the bottom of 191 (Morenci).  Our plan was to do 191 5 times (between Morenci and Alpine), but we were wiped out after 3.  Ended up with 502 miles when we got back to Springerville.  191 is a fantastic road.  If it were just a little closer, I'd probably ride it a lot more.

My old school street pilot after that ride...

GPSEndsmall.jpg

I rode mine back from CA yesterday, a little under 400 miles.  Really impressed with how the FJ9 handles superslab.  Just gotta watch the fuel mileage...  I saw mine drop into the high 30's running 80+ with a good headwind.  Sure wish it had cruise, though...  :P

Got home just in time... woke up to 3" of snow on the ground this morning!

Went on a bitchin' 599 mile ride, took 13.5 hours. If you are ever able to ride the Devils Highway (formerly Route 666, now renamed Route 191) DO IT. 123 miles long and over 220 curves! Absolutely amazing riding.  

11223582_10105641601043181_2120623375816374640_n.jpg?oh=fd08fb8940fb69203a49ec21ccb64162&oe=56B0727F

Great ride.  Curves are 2,200 in that section of road from Morenci to Alpine.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I fit up a genuine 39l top box and rack, and a genuine number plate holder without the 10ft long ladder extension so it tucks under the tail light nice and neat now, had to modify the blinker holders so I could fit the blinkers in between the side cases when I travel with them on. Will be getting a exhaust soon still very undecided between the Arrow and the Akrapovic,,, was really hoping to be able to ride around in the city stealthily without attempts being made on my life but it wasn't meant to be! Will probably make a shorty screen up soon too when I find some lexan/perspex locally. That looks like a awesome days riding too by the way! Very lucky! Most of my riding will be commuting I'm afraid..

Had Traxxion AK 20's forks and Penske shock installed. Expensive!!!! Hard to tell if it was completely worth it until I get more miles, which will take about a week.
Will write a review and post it in the suspension section.
So far big difference on the forks. Very little dive on breaking. More to follow.