What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Yamaha heated grips plus my xmas tree of aux lights mounted,wired, fused, relayed dimmered ,switched and all squared away.

Some serious deer spotter long distance driving lights and assorted running lights mounted. The lower triple led Clearwater Krista beams are on lowest setting on dimmer switch or picture would be washed out in bright light. Did the heated grips to. Amber lower led pods are mondo lights. The amber filter can be taken out to make them clear as well.

Still have yet to aim the lights and try not to blind people or only run with the big lower lights on full power on empty roads.
84b5d75d713cc846f4da2549f7c26018.jpg

I run the biggest top case givi makes and I think it looks fine. Its the new V56 and my favorite one so far. For those on a budget the E45 Junior also fits 2 full size helmets. This case is great and costs half as much.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2007 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - sold
2008 Kawasaki Versys - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2010 Yamaha Raider - sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - lemon back to dealer
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

Made a few last power pulls on the dyno after remapping with FlashTune. Baseline pull was 110.2hp/63.x tq (I wanted results from the same day as I find that despite the dyno's correction factor, the number can vary on the day). So far I have seen 113.6hp/65tq. To be clear, the main goal was not power increase. I was after smoother idle and cruise fueling, and to that end my bike now idles about 13.8-14.0:1 instead of 14.7-15.1:1 as before and cruising is quite similar. I disable the speed limiter as well, and made modest changes to the ride-by-wire tables. When the nice weather returns, I look forward to refined driveability. Overall, I could have sent out the ECU to get a flash, but I have access to a dyno at no cost, and it's in my nature to tinker (I tuned cars/bikes for 8+ yrs). On a side note, there have been sections of the engine braking and ETV (ride-by-wire) tables that can no longer be edited....I was told by tech support that they were being misused.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Your Tracer sure is colorful.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Picked up my FJ from the mechanic. Had the Valves adjusted, swingarm lubed, fork oil changed & new bushings, air filter, spark plugs and cables lubed. 
Checked valves before adjustment:  0.0102-.0118 good.  Note those that are lower, are way to low and only two close to being in spec.  Will write Yamaha and advise of this condition at only 26K.  The intake valves were all in spec. so mech. didn't write anything down.

Even with the tight valves, plugs still look good and are only a little out on gap. 26K

All the way thru Dec. I was getting 48+ mpg.  A good indication the valves weren't causing too much problem.  I didn't notice any difference in performance.

Sure was nice to ride it home.  The bike is just so inspiring to go fast and leave the traffic behind you. :)
You mention you were getting 48+MPG......I used to get that no problem. All a sudden lately, I struggle to get 42-43 MPG average. Nothing has changed in my riding style. Bike only has 4700 miles on it. What do you think could be the cause of my issue? Does the dealer need to be looking at something for me?

• Premium Member
You mention you were getting 48+MPG......I used to get that no problem. All a sudden lately, I struggle to get 42-43 MPG average. Nothing has changed in my riding style. Bike only has 4700 miles on it. What do you think could be the cause of my issue? Does the dealer need to be looking at something for me?[span]     
[/span]
Could it be the colder temps? I have noticed that my mileage is lower and the coolant temp gauge doesn't get above about 140-150. The ECU is likely running a rich fuel mixture, thus reducing mileage. Should improve with warmer days.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch