What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Swapped the Yamaha Bolt's clutch actuator over stock's. Lighter pull, however longer throw as well.

eff9e93635254a08de3e41f2ee1ff0ce.jpg
3f97c78e93a4f0e235596ecf994a30a3.jpg
Do you have the stock clutch lever or an after market model?  Is the longer pull a problem at all? 

Sunny,

Just to clarify, you "drilled a 5mm hole in each side of the mount" which are hidden in your photos; could you post photos without the QD axle installed.  It would appear that in the lowest position the QD axle would interfere with the OEM adjustment knobs, and thus the low position cannot be utilized.  Is this correct, and if not could you explain how and show in more photos how it all works in each position please?  Also, did you not utilize the QD axles serrated clamp rings and if you removed them, how?  I would presume when you do change the shield positions you need only flip the QD axle clamp lever, loosen the OEM knobs, re-position the shield, and flip the QD axle clamp lever back to tighten the axle, correct?

Thanks
You may be right about interference in the lowest setting, I haven't tried that as my Givi is best in the highest position.
If you did want 3 positions you would need 6 holes and would need to remove and reinsert the QR bolt.
I did use the serrated rings, with flat washers. http://fj-09.org/post/44139/thread

I currently have the stock screen on the Givi mount, with a Givi spoiler/deflector, and a GPS mount above the dash: http://fj-09.org/post/42681/thread

When I get an X-creen sport I'll put the Givi screen back on and have another look at the QR bolt positions.

Swapped the Yamaha Bolt's clutch actuator over stock's. Lighter pull, however longer throw as well.

We used to extend dirtbikes throw out arms to do the same thing at the expense of longer travel obviously.. Fwiw that dot should line up with the pointer on the case too when the freeplay is taken up to maximise the leverage effects.

Do you have the stock clutch lever or an after market model?  Is the longer pull a problem at all?

I had the Chinese levers, they were clunky and "slow", and they have a larger gap over stock lever leverage, so I swapped back the stock levers.

I do have to adjust my throttle/clutch coordination because of the longer throw, but it is just a couple of minutes to get used to and my fingers are happier ever after.

The R25/R3, MT-03 series uses an even longer actuator over Tracer's by 25% @ 50mm center to center. However, I do not think my size 9 hands can handle it, and it is only available in chrome, not black. Haha

We used to extend dirtbikes throw out arms to do the same thing at the expense of longer travel obviously.. Fwiw that dot should line up with the pointer on the case too when the freeplay is taken up to maximise the leverage effects.

Yes, the dot & arrow should been aligned, but because the Tracer had bad clutch cables, this bike was swapped out with an R1's (higher quality) cable. The R1 cable is significantly longer measured end-to-end and left me with no more adjustment.
971f1b3ed5ef36a7a19bae961204a7e0.jpg
R1 cable installed
7ff0d7f579306a1bb5f4577d01e46090.jpg
Clutch adjustment before Bolt's actuator swap

I took this chance to shift the actuator a notch outwards, to gain back a bit of cable adjustment on my clutch lever, that's why the dot aren't aligned. On stock Tracer's clutch cable, it is not necessary.

It's a crazy price for the backrest. Big picture to me it's not that crazy as I plan to get one eventually if the sargent seat isn't sufficient for the wife. If the wife is comfy, that means more time can be spent on the bike having fun which makes the $350 more than a bargain.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

It's a crazy price for the backrest. Big picture to me it's not that crazy as I plan to get one eventually if the sargent seat isn't sufficient for the wife. If the wife is comfy, that means more time can be spent on the bike having fun which makes the $350 more than a bargain.
You make a good point..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
20160702_122231_zpsqoxokbpk.jpg  
Radiator guard....

Looks devilishly nice.... but the rad guard has a lot of sheet metal on there, likely restricting some air flow. You don't find your engine temps moving upward a bit? 

I have noticed a slight rise when sitting in traffic. When moving, the temps are still around the same area. Of course, it's 95 degrees here with a real feel of 112 when I am on the bike in the afternoon, so everything is hot. I will continue to monitor it and if it seems to be an issue, I will most likely make some mods to it.  

You make a good point..
Exactly. Getting the wife on board means more riding. No better backrest now, and two things I like about it: very adjustable which was a concern for fixed mount point, and very easy to remove/install for regular 1up.

• Premium Member
Anyone have a link for this?
Here it is: http://r.ebay.com/Mq1DyR

Today, I came back from about 150 mile ride. Low and behold one of the bolts that holds the foot plate was gone. I know I tightened those bolts down. Replaced the missing bolt and used some lock tight sealer on the bolt threads of all three. So if may be a good idea to check them.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....