What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

thanks joeszup and carey for the replies. I went with the OEM because I did not want wider than handlebars and I thought it was the most invisible mounting hardware when bags are off. But I find that I hardly ever take the bags off. What size are they? I just want to compare with carey's comments to decide on size. I assume a helmet does not fit? Not a deal breaker, just curious.

Good comment on mounting hardware though. I thought I had to get from the same manufacturer as the panniers.

Carey, any pictures you care to share with the bags mounted?

thanks joeszup and carey for the replies. I went with the OEM because I did not want wider than handlebars and I thought it was the most invisible mounting hardware when bags are off. But I find that I hardly ever take the bags off. What size are they? I just want to compare with carey's comments to decide on size. I assume a helmet does not fit? Not a deal breaker, just curious. 
Good comment on mounting hardware though. I thought I had to get from the same manufacturer as the panniers.

Here's the E21 bags. 31" overall widthDSCN6456.jpg

DSCN6457.jpg
Here's with the E360 bags.  36" overall width
DSCN6458.jpg

DSCN6459.jpg

• Premium Member

The ones I have are the 37L and they do not fit a helmet.

• Premium Member
5150210.jpg

Here's a picture of my Michellin road pilot 4 rear tire after 12,500 plus miles. Still going strong! Handles great especially in the rain. These tires have far exceeded my expectations. I'm sold!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Here's a picture of my Michellin road pilot 4 rear tire after 12,500 plus miles. Still going strong! Handles great especially in the rain. These tires have far exceeded my expectations. I'm sold!
BOOM!!! This is exactly why I've been such a fan of Michelin Pilot Roads for years. 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

I just received a set of Conti Road Attack 2 Evo tires... trying to wait for my suspension to come in to install them, but I'm running out oftread!! 7k miles on the original Dunlops and I'm at the wear bars on the front and back.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Just broke the news to my bike its ECU is on its ways back from 2wdw...Nels worked his magic and hit 119HP!!!!!

Yeaaa 119HP to the rear wheel ?
Stock is 103HP to the rear wheel ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Just broke the news to my bike its ECU is on its ways back from 2wdw...Nels worked his magic and hit 119HP!!!!!  

Yeaaa 119HP ?

Nice!! Thats with the Graves exhaust?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Yeaaa 119HP ?
Nice!! Thats with the Graves exhaust?
Yes and its used with Woolich Race Kit instead of FlashTune... 

My math tells me its a 16HP increase over bone stock @ 103HP... So its 15.5% increase in power... Bout $100 per 1% increase in power...

Exhaust was $1050
Woolich Race Kit was $450
2wdw services was $250

That must really suck. UK tracers are 115PS out of the box (113 bhp) allegedy. So a $1500 penalty to restore the bike to a spec freely available in other countries. What's the reasoning behind the power drop? Emissions?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

In the USA we go by rear wheel horsepower unless stated its flywheel horsepower, typically its a 15% difference in flywheel HP and rear wheel horsepower due to transmission...so its like 135ish+ HP at the flywheel if I have 119HP at the rear wheel...and yes the EPA is our horsepower neutering agency and the fact US spec ECU have a 5th and 6th gear speed limiter... Majority of US owners reflash the ECU and it will be 99% identical to EU spec if i recall correctly...