What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
My FJ, used, came with a V-Stream Sport Touring windscreen. Yesterday I ordered the Sport screen directly from National Cycle. This way I just got the screen not all the bracket stuff that I already have. Saved a bunch... screen only was $99.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Did a few upgrades in the previous few weeks, but only just today got an opportunity to experience the results.

Replaced the worn out OEM rear tire with a Bridgestone T30 EVO, based on what I saw on this forum. Has a nice roll in, solid traction.

Took advantage of the Sargeant seat promo and got the basic front seat. Really need to sit back to enjoy this. Impacts many other dynamics. Been accustomed to always sitting forward. Need more "saddle time" to fully discern the benefit. Seat is firmer than OEM, but comfortable, especially if you sit back in the saddle.

Spent quite a bit of time messaging with @VCYCLENUT.com about exhaust options for the FJ. Finally went with the Hindle with his ECU flash. WOW!!!! Even with the limited conditions (SE Michigan spring and (lack of) terrain), the responsiveness and smoothness is leagues beyond the OEM. Everything that was good about the CP3 is magnified. Fantastic grunt down low, quick rev to redline, smooth, effortless response, "tearing silk" exhaust note, are all greatly enhanced! I briefly sampled STD and B modes, but otherwise stayed in A. So smooth, so responsive. See no reason to go back to the other two modes again. 8)

Then I lucked out getting a Penske 8983 via an FZ-09.com private sale. It was originally for an FZ for someone "about 205 lbs" (about 20 lbs less than me) and was Stoltec Tuned!!!. I bought it from the second owner who also had an FZ and had done a couple of track days. So far, I made one minor adjustment to compression and it is fantastic.

Life is good!

IMG_20170331_135450204.jpg

IMG_20170331_152651725.jpg

IMG_20170331_152936768.jpg

I read on another Tracer forum that the really annoying, odd-shaped bit of rubber that hides the front seat latch does have a function after all. If, like me, you took it out and threw it in your toolbox, it is surprisingly easy to remove the front seat without needing to unlock the rear, but the rubber stops that. As suggested elsewhere I drilled a hole and put a plastic screw from a number plate in, which makes it easier to remove the bung when you need to. I've no idea how serious being able to remove the seat without the key is, but I've put the bung back in now, to reduce the possibility.

bung.jpg

under_seat_bung.jpg

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
Installed the Ermax high screen in light black.

Spent the afternoon running back and forth on I-595.

It's a connector in Ft. Lauderdale that has one way express lanes  (one direction in the am, the other direction in the pm)

After about 70-80 miles running back and forth.

Here is my highway review. 

I'm 6'1" 215lbs. 34" inseam.

Speeds between 70mph to just under 100.

In the low position the air hits me roughly at the shoulders and the air on my helmet is pretty clean. (It's been gusty today. Up to 20 mph) So ymmv.

In the high position the air is "mostly" off my shoulders and hits the helmet at the chin bar I think. Again it feels pretty clean dispite the gusty winds today.

I rode in traffic (dirty air) behind semi's and box truck and cars and in clean air on the express lanes almost no other vehicles.

The screen seems well made and should hold up well. IMO it could be made of heavier material. It's 1/4" it wouldn't hurt to be 3/8", again just my opinion. I don't spend a lot of time on the interstates. I do everything I can to avoid them so I really don't want anything larger. I may put my MRA back on for summer and use this for trips where I would like a bit more protection. Here are some pictures of me on the bike up on the center stand trying to be natural.
20170409_165237.jpg

20170409_165211.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I read on another Tracer forum that the really annoying, odd-shaped bit of rubber that hides the front seat latch does have a function after all. If, like me, you took it out and threw it in your toolbox, it is surprisingly easy to remove the front seat without needing to unlock the rear, but the rubber stops that.

Could you explain?  I put mine in my toolbox, what is the function of the plug? 

I read on another Tracer forum that the really annoying, odd-shaped bit of rubber that hides the front seat latch does have a function after all. If, like me, you took it out and threw it in your toolbox, it is surprisingly easy to remove the front seat without needing to unlock the rear, but the rubber stops that.

Could you explain?  I put mine in my toolbox, what is the function of the plug?
Its to prevent an object from unintentionally unlatching the seat...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Not so much what I did TO my FJ, as what I did WITH my FJ, which was completely neglect my adult responsibilities.

I have a to-do list at the house that is literally a mile long. Therefore, in the interest of responsible prioritization, I rode 200+ miles for breakfast tacos...

fc5d30dc6876bfc126aa4b4a500483c3.jpg

Not so much what I did TO my FJ, as what I did WITH my FJ, which was completely neglect my adult responsibilities. 
I have a to-do list at the house that is literally a mile long. Therefore, in the interest of responsible prioritization, I rode 200+ miles for breakfast tacos...

fc5d30dc6876bfc126aa4b4a500483c3.jpg
Crikey!!! You even managed to capture an elusive squid in the background...tshirt and tennis shoes...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp