What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Any feedback on the windscreen? Was contemplating calling for one via ebay.
As far as a shorty windscreen goes it works just fine, nice clean air around the helmet and whatnot. It's a little crooked, the holes are not drilled symmetrical which was kind of a bummer but it was $26 so I can't really complain too much I suppose. It's a little thin I feel, flops around a lot when you hit bumps and stuff. Also does not look as good in person as I thought it would. One thing it did for me that I'm grateful for is make me realize that I absolutely want a shorty screen. Chopped the stock one down but I took a little too much off but oh well that thing is useless anyhow.

Helpful.... thank you

When using the type of mirror extender above there can be clearance issues with the handlebar controls?
Not on the [strong]throttle[/strong] side. On the [strong]clutch[/strong] side, I had to angle the new riser very slightly (horizontally) so that the adjacent rocker switch that scrolls through the display screen settings wasn't interfered with.   Very little benefit would have been lost in so doing.   I'll evaluate rear vision with the spot mirrors only for the time being, but may well spring for these M Store risers again - 1 + 1 = 3! LATER EDIT - I have a pic that shows the lhs riser and adjacent rocker switch.  Let me know if interested.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I’ve had my new Tracer for less than a week and already the couriers and mail-men are at the door delivering ordered goodies, a minor benefit of having been there, done that, previously!

Today’s offering was the solid-as-a-rock rear luggage rack, beautifully made in silver-anodised laser-cut aluminium with black powder-coated steel supports, and all fastenings. But alas, no fitting instructions, so I’ll have to rely on memory and some photos from the archive – of which this [em](pic[/em] [em]below)[/em] is one, the rack on my previous Tracer.   My 100km-away neighbour Suncoaster put me onto this rack about a year ago - so again thanks to him for the heads-up.

The rack will shortly have a mounting-plate bolted to it to carry the small 28L top-box, also delivered today, that’s ideal for a day or two away on the road. And when I don’t need that, a small Pelican case for day-outings only can be mounted onto the plate.

Happy days!

P1020867t.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Nice rear.... rack. :P
Why thank you, sir - I bet you say that to all the girls! 

• Supporting Member
Today, I treated the FJ like a full-on super-sport bike, and it never even flinched. 49 degrees of lean angle at 70 mph... is that all you've got?

I love this bike more and more every time I ride it...

dcbd6889023bd69c9221eaf6c3c84155.png

Today, I treated the FJ like a full-on super-sport bike, and it never even flinched. 49 degrees of lean angle at 70 mph... is that all you've got?  
I love this bike more and more every time I ride it...

dcbd6889023bd69c9221eaf6c3c84155.png

What tool did you use to get all that data?

• Supporting Member
@aeg - That's from the EatSleepRIDE smartphone app, which I run on my iPhone 6. I'm fairly certain they have an Android version as well.

For a free app, I really like the route tracing and detailed data capture. The only caveat is that for the lean angle readings to be accurate, you need to have the phone solidly mounted to the bike, with the top edge of the phone parallel to the ground. I use a RokForm mount square between the handlebar risers, and it works great.

-Scott

Made my fog/spot light bracket and mounted them, just waiting forever for the waterproof switch to turn up so I can finish the install..
I'd be very interested to see a pic here, vduboy (or some words if no pic is available), as I'm awaiting my LED spots and am thinking about options of where to/ how to mount them.   Thank you...
See if these work for you @wordsmithI used the two lower headlight bolts for hangers and made a small strap that bolts up to a small 5mm hole I put in the silly honeycomb plastic panel as additional vertical support. It is very strong. You an see the straps the go to the headlight bolts are on a angle as I wanted them tucked in as much as possible.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thank you for the thoughts. I’d considered using that under part to bolt a cross-piece onto but wasn’t sure if it’s strong enough – you seem to have shown that it is, and I suspect that your LEDs are quite a bit heavier than those I’ve ordered.

I’m just a bit unsure about the screws you’ve used to carry the cross-piece – are they the ones highlighted [em]here in the[/em] pic by pink arrows - and if so did you just re-use them or put in some slightly longer ones? If [strong]not[/strong] these ones, what am I missing? The other little vertical strap is another good idea.

I intend to mount my LEDs – wherever and however, eventually – further outboard, and your approach will certainly give food for thought once the LEDs arrive.

I see a little belatedly that you have the knuckle-guard LEDs also fitted, so are the LED spots for road illumination or for conspicuity – or belt-and-braces?   Not a bad idea around here!

Thank you again!
EDIT - pic will not post - will post shortly...

No I thought about using them but they are only self tappered into the head light, I slipped a narrow, (maybe ten mm wide strap up behind the honeycomb panel and drilled a small 5mm hole for a Allen bolt into the bracket. It is the silver headed one in the front on view of my bike.
The led spots are for the road, I had the knuckle guard lights on the stock hand guards and love the look but like lane splitting better so I mounted them to some
Old mx style hand guards. Excuse the shitty paint job..

They would have been easier to mount further out but I wanted mine tucked in. I liked the adventure tech bracket but the cost to get it to oz and the lack of verticle support made me need to make my own.
The Adv Tech bracket is the way to go - I fitted one on my previous Tracer, but the postage is exorbitant, and installing it a real pain as the mounting holes behind the lights in which it's mounted are all but impossible to get at.   I have dainty hands, but the backs of them were black and blue after I'd finished!   Good move to DIY!   But I still cannot work out which bolts under the lights you used to mount the cross-bar! 

They would have been easier to mount further out but I wanted mine tucked in. I liked the adventure tech bracket but the cost to get it to oz and the lack of verticle support made me need to make my own.
The Adv Tech bracket is the way to go - I fitted one on my previous Tracer, but the postage is exorbitant, and installing it a real pain as the mounting holes behind the lights in which it's mounted are all but impossible to get at.   I have dainty hands, but the backs of them were black and blue after I'd finished!   Good move to DIY!   But I still cannot work out which bolts under the lights you used to mount the cross-bar!

Looking at their bracket I'd say I have used the same bolts at the back, my second photo shows it the best, silver Allen bolt in the middle goes through a small 90 degree bracket that bolts to the cross brace. Which then also bolts to the back straps from the back of the headlight.
A ten mm ratchet spanner is your friend here!