• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
While installing the highway pegs I found that either the guards are not exactly 7/8" or the pegs clamps are slightly too large to grip firmly the guards. 
I will need shims.
Pic's or it didn't get upgraded.  :P  Which pegs?

A few hours ago I went to the gas station for some drinks and thought I need to start playing with the Launch Control... First attempt was a total failure after 5 tries, the RPMs didnt hold at 7500 for some reason -_- ... Rode away from the 4-way stop defeated but curious as to why the @&!:/÷_ didnt work! Not a moment too soon after I said that the answer revealed its self, I just happened to look down at the left hand control housing and saw a 2 prong wire connection staring right at me... Sure enough after I got to the gas station I put the connection back in its spot only to realize it was the clutch safety wire connection :/ , hmmm thats probably why Launch Control never held the RPMs... After getting my drinks and triple checking the connection was secure, I went back to the 4-way stop and tried again... Sure enough it worked, it totaly caught me off guard as soon as I saw the RPMs holding steady at 7500 and I felt my throttle hit the end of its travel, that alone made my heart beat @ 900 beats per min...had to let off the throttle and try to lower my heart rate, baby steps are needed here I tell myself, next time I am gonna be more prepared to try Launch Control...hehehehehe that can wait till after this weekend of drag racing ?...

Lets see what this red rocket does...

And I tried out my new air gauge I brought... http://www.motosport.com/product/?adpos=1o1&cc=us&creative=188670676315&device=m&gclid=CM63sZX5r9QCFQEOaQodT5gLQQ&key=Motion-Pro-Digital-Tire-Pressure-Gauge&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=MP-PTG-002&psreferrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F&pssource=true&segment=badger

Now I can verify the accuracy of the Cyclops Tire Pressure Monitor System...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
While installing the highway pegs I found that either the guards are not exactly 7/8" or the pegs clamps are slightly too large to grip firmly the guards. 
I will need shims.
Bikemaster pegs 7/8 to 1 inch.  I have attempted to shim these with a tube liner. I will know after test ride.  

highway_pegs_002.jpg

• Premium Member
+1 
I just received my Givi gards and measured them... exacly 25mm (~1") OD... so 1" peg clamps should work, no? Which guards are we talking about that are 7/8"?

Crazy Iron guards are .876 inch OD according to my micrometer. 
With 1 inch OD guards you should have many highway pegs from which to choose.

I installed an OEM helmet lock. I ordered it from here. You have to put in the individual part numbers and request a quote. They will email you if with a price if the parts are available. Cost was $36 before shipping. You can see pictures and part numbers here if you're interested..

I also installed my flashed ECU that I just got back from vcyclenut. Man its awesome. Noticeably quicker and throttle modes are smooth yet powerful. I think 2WDW and Vcyclenut are the best in the business for FZ/FJ flashes. Can definitely recommend Vcyclenut. He answers emails quickly and turn around was same day he received my ECU.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Installing front hi-viz LEDs

Did a trial fit today just to see how everything would work out.

Had to be amused by the wording on the packs ex China containing the LEDs:

“The world’s top American CREE-U2 light bead, outside the brightness of the stars. Night driving be obviously strong pillar. Unique square spot. Suitable for pavement, super province electricity, night driving more fuel efficient. More secure, absolutely not the deficit battery”.

I’m looking forward to better mpg when riding at night!

P1030735.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Installing front hi-viz LEDs

Did a trial fit today just to see how everything would work out.

Had to be amused by the wording on the packs ex China containing the LEDs:

“The world’s top American CREE-U2 light bead, outside the brightness of the stars. Night driving be obviously strong pillar. Unique square spot. Suitable for pavement, super province electricity, night driving more fuel efficient. More secure, absolutely not the deficit battery”.

I’m looking forward to better mpg when riding at night!

P1030735.jpg

Lol. The literal Chinese translations are always amusing. Glad to see you got your LED's wired in!

'15 FJ09

Lol. The literal Chinese translations are always amusing. Glad to see you got your LED's wired in!
That was only a temporary wire straight to battery just to check how/ if the LEDs would work and look on the bike.   But I'm getting plenty help from others here, notably Kimmie and vduboy...   Slowly getting there, just (still) waiting on a wiring harness to make the final installation.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Just got the first test ride this morning after sending forks off to pattonme for his version of the Andreani cartridge kit. Meanwhile I sent the ECU to 2wheel for flash. Got it back well before forks so I ordered up a manometer and did my own throttle synch while waiting. It will take a couple of buddies to help me get my fork sag dialed in but I can tell things are better in that area already, I'm 220 with gear so way to heavy for stock forks. As far as the flash goes, three words, OMG. Set up to come up in A mode, feels like a completely different bike. 5-10 extra hp and 5-10 lb/ft across the entire range. Also installed grip puppies and rubber topped footpegs for a 600cc Yamaha road bike YZF? model and along with the throttle synch the vibrations between 4-5000 rpm is virtually gone. Going to try the bb's in the handlebars next, see if I can smooth things out further.

With a little help from hubby, installed a voltmeter today.
I've had issues on previous bikes running all my gear and loosing power....to the point I now carry jumper leads (just in case).

Screen and front support bracket off

DSCN2871_zpsthrj3zom.jpg

After a couple of attempts with board templates, came across the winner and cut from 1mm galvanised steel sheet, bent to shape, drilled a hole and primed. I had a little dizzy spell and while I was resting hubby sprayed it black and baked it for me.

DSCN2873_zpsq2f2uw66.jpg

Time to install and refit the front bracket and screen.

DSCN2885_zpscvzxhabi.jpg

Fits in nicely just above the instrument cluster and is clearly visible even with the GPS installed.

DSCN2879_zpsybmobuil.jpg

Power on and 12V perfect. With the engine running sits at 14V plus.

So now when all my gear starts drawing too much power or I have a fault the voltmeter will start to flash when it gets down under 11.5V - happy days.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

There's nothing like a little DIY on a wet Sunday arvo, kimmie!   I'm currently basking in paint fumes from the rattle can I used to spray the mounting bracket for my front LEDs... this could become addictive!

• Premium Member
No today, but a couple of weekends ago I spent a few days in Asheville, NC doing some mountain riding with my bro-in-law. He has a 2008 BMW K1200GT. Had it since new. After a few days there, we both had to head to Ohio (I live in Florida) for business. I suggested that He ride my FJ for the 450 miles or so that we needed to cover that day.

Well, that was a Monday. By the next Saturday, he had a brand-spankin-new white FJ parked in his garage. Traded the BMW.

So, not so much about what I did to my FJ, but much more about what I did to his BMW. Vanquished!

Another BMW convert. I don't post much, but some may remember that I came from a BMW as well.

No today, but a couple of weekends ago I spent a few days in Asheville, NC doing some mountain riding with my bro-in-law. He has a 2008 BMW K1200GT. Had it since new. After a few days there, we both had to head to Ohio (I live in Florida) for business. I suggested that He ride my FJ for the 450 miles or so that we needed to cover that day.

Well, that was a Monday. By the next Saturday, he had a brand-spankin-new white FJ parked in his garage. Traded the BMW.

So, not so much about what I did to my FJ, but much more about what I did to his BMW. Vanquished!

Another BMW convert. I don't post much, but some may remember that I came from a BMW as well.

Job well done I'd say!!! ??

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)