What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I had a chance to try out the seat concepts touring seat last night. I rode to the local bike accessories shop for some dirt bike goggles. Only a short ride but what a massive difference! The foam is noticeably taller. I'd put it at a level between low and high settings. When in the high setting it becomes high high!
The foam moves a fair bit more than stock and actually compresses when you move around. If you were just into sports riding I would steer away from the touring version.
Not saying you can't ride briskly on this but you loose a little of the sharpness of the stock seat.
So far I am stoked. See how it goes on a long ride soon hopefully.
As you know, vd, I have one of these Touring seats on order, so I'll be very pleased to read your observations and comments after you've taken a longer ride! I wonder if your comment 'the foam moves a fair bit more than stock' has anything to do with how tightly/ firmly you stapled the parts together.   Did you use any glue to secure the new foam to the seat pan?   Your experience will hopefully assist my own installation when time comes...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I managed to muster at the crack of dawn and got the FJ-09 to my local State Inspection station this morning when they opened at 0730. I was rewarded for early rising by getting in and out in 20 minutes, probably a record time for this. I also realized my good fortune as I paid for it & was leaving, as there were ~20 customers piling into the place for services as I left.  ::)

Home by 0800. Nice. Got the rest of the day to ride and do what I want now!  8-)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

FIRST SERVICE, NEW PANNIERS, AND NEW LEVERS
The new aftermarket levers were also fitted – again gratis.   These levers are the only bit of near-‘bling’ on this bike, but apart from their attractive and high-quality look I really bought them as my small-ish hands benefit from the adjustable-span clutch lever. On the out-of-the-box bike only the front brake lever can be adjusted. Yes – I’m wondering why too! They are beautifully made – AUD$58 post-free – and can be had in a variety of anodized colours.

P1030767.jpg

I bought a set of levers, both adjustable, from The2Wheels.com.  Seem to work pretty well, so far worth the price.The stock clutch lever on the FJ needed to go. http://www.the2wheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=173_171_186&product_id=541

• Supporting Member
I had a chance to try out the seat concepts touring seat last night. I rode to the local bike accessories shop for some dirt bike goggles. Only a short ride but what a massive difference! The foam is noticeably taller. I'd put it at a level between low and high settings. When in the high setting it becomes high high!
The foam moves a fair bit more than stock and actually compresses when you move around. If you were just into sports riding I would steer away from the touring version.
Not saying you can't ride briskly on this but you loose a little of the sharpness of the stock seat.
So far I am stoked. See how it goes on a long ride soon hopefully.
I am very interested to hear what you think after a full day ride.  I have the standard-original version Seat Concepts seat and am not impressed at all concerning comfort, even after several thousand miles of break-in on the foam.  Their foam is extremely firm. I rode a buddys FJ back-to-back with mine yesterday, he has the stock seat, I much preferred the feel of his stock seat at the end of the day. 
If they did in fact use a different density foam as well as make it taller, that might be the perfect fix. Keep us updated on your findings.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Finally got my dealer on the phone this morning, so I dropped the bike off for the safety recall on the handlebars. I'm hoping they get this done soon, but based on previous experience with these clowns, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member

New Bars!

IMG_2034.jpg

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

Finally got comfortable with Launch Control... wwwooowwww, it's something to experience... found out in 6th gear at 9k rpms one is doing approx 140mph on a closed course... 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA