What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
I installed my sheepskin buttpad from Alaska Leather. Charcoal grey, sheared. I am very happy to have this on my seat now and looking forward to putting a few hundred miles on it this weekend to see how much of an improvement this will be. 

seat.jpg

Any noticeable improvement in comfort? 

• Premium Member
I gave my FeeJay some summer clothes! (new sport screen)

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

• Premium Member
I have that same Kendon trailer.... :)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

20170724_210322.jpg

got this little project for the weekend on my doorstep and got my old stock exhaust bubble wrapped up for AdvRich...what a productive pit stop from work...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

20170724_210322.jpg

got this little project for the weekend on my doorstep and got my old stock exhaust bubble wrapped up for AdvRich...what a productive pit stop from work...

Norcal - is that the Touring seat, or the (earlier) Standard seat replacement kit from Seat Concepts?   Comments after trying it out would interest many here... thanks.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

20170724_210322.jpg 

Norcal - is that the Touring seat, or the (earlier) Standard seat replacement kit from Seat Concepts?   Comments after trying it out would interest many here... thanks.
its the standard replacement style...my skinny 150# unsuited arse dont need the highchair style thickness seat... I have a standard seat concepts kit on my FZ-07 and love it...I love the way the seat just holds me in place unless I scoot myself around... longest trip was a 17hr day with gas stops, a few sit down meals...had a Yamaha comfort seat for the FZ-07 and it makes for an excellent race seat... 
will post side by side pics of the foam hopefully this weekend or sooner...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Rode it around N Georgia with @fjmax. It was a good day despite the rain.
I was up around Suches yesterday.
Ahh man.. that would have been cool to run into another FJ.. we met up at Suches, rode blood mountain, then across wolf pen gap, then up to Blue Ridge. We saw a FZ while we were out but no FJs.

We were riding from about 12:30 - 3:30 or so.. did you get rained on?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Can't believe after only 775 miles how loose the chain got.  So, I tightened the chain, cleaned and lubed it to.  Then the UPS truck came and dropped off this really big box.  So I assembled a new RAD Mini electric bicycle:

20170724_170656_1.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

[b style=font-style:italic]REPAINTED THE PANNIER LIDS AND GAVE THEM NEW DECALS... [/b]

There were one or two comments that my recent pannier-lid decoration was a bit OTT: although deeply wounded and hurt, after a while I did tend to agree, so I’ve re-done the detail.

I removed the silver chrome ‘MT-09 Tracer’ lettering and the 6mm wide silver pin-stripe border, and while at it decided to give another coat of paint and clear top finish, as I had some left in the cans. By applying another coat of the Dark Charcoal Metallic paint to the lids I also hoped to reduce the silvery tint, although it’s only apparent in photographs: believe me when I say that in the flesh the colour and glossiness match between tank and pannier lids is now excellent!   And the contrast between the glossy paintwork and surrounding matte black pannier material adds to the visual appeal, I think.   

Only the centre portion of each lid was painted, that being nicely curved in outline and complementing the curvaceous lines of the fuel tank.   This approach also helps to prevent damage to the paintwork that might occur if kicking the top of each pannier when climbing on and off the bike.

It’s quite rewarding how good a finish one can get with a rattle-can, given good and patient preparation, careful paint application, and a decent thickness of clear top-coat.

I left out the ‘MT-09’ silver letters, so the decals are now rather less ‘busy’ with only the gold chrome ‘Tracer’ word, and I did away with the border pin-stripe. The new gold decal colour is quite subtle, and seems more coordinated with the gold front fork (24 carat, of course), and overall I think the new scheme seems less ‘in-yer-face’.   But I do have some very narrow (3mm) gold-coloured pin-stripe tape, and depending on how I continue to see the new lids I just might apply that around the painted areas, although as they are the paint-line edges are neat and clean.  

With still a little paint left in the can I’m now going to spray a small ‘swoopy’ panel on each side of my aftermarket top-box to complete the look.

Pix below: (top) - original style: (bottom) - new look.   In the top lhs of the bottom pic you can see the second pannier, still with some masking tape around it, and covering the Yamaha badge and reflective strip; and extreme top left is the top-box awaiting painting.

P1030805.jpg

P1030903.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.