What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

@wordsmith : I thought the color match was quite good. 
OK, steve - I wasn't being over-critical I hope, just that in the pic it didn't look too close, but maybe only an OCD might say so!   So long as you were happy with it.   I had a BMW recently that was allegedly Racing Red but in every pic I took of it, inside or out, it was closer to a KTM orange! I'm still waiting for my panniers, but will do that trial spray and post the results, just FYI. 
Cheers...
LATER EDIT - and if I may, steve, what did you use as masking on the perimeter of the painted area?   Ordinary painters' masking tape might leave a bit of an unsightly ridge...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I installed my Crazy Iron engine guards. I should say almost completed the install. I could not remove the bolt that goes all the way across the engine. I will need an impact wrench or need to take it to a shop. But meanwhile the guards should be sturdy enough to support highway pegs which is the intended purpose.

• Premium Member
But meanwhile the guards should be sturdy enough to support highway pegs which is the intended purpose.
Let us know which pegs you're considering. I want pegs on my Givi bars... really like the all-black fully adjustable Kuryakyn-style (not at Kuryakyn price though). What is the diameter of your guard bar? Givi is 22mm... a bit small for a 1" clamp. 

I ordered these: https://www.ebay.com/i/331574516750?chn=ps&dispItem=1 
I like these but they are out of stock: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-highway-pegs-for-7-8-inch-diameter-crashbars?gloc=1&gclid=CjwKEAjwgtTJBRDRmd6ZtLrGyxwSJAA7Fy-hFJZZu9BzlaHikato694RjF3vZ2H_qBrRGKjK9tK36xoCK6jw_wcB

[strong][em]Made a pair of tank protectors…[/em]
[/strong]
Having a few scraps left of carbon fibre-look vinyl sheet I made these two little stick-on protectors for the rear/ sides of the tank. I don’t think I grip the side very much when riding, but if I do these will stop the rather coarse fabric of my riding pants from abrading the paintwork over time.  

P1030727r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Nice trackday! I'd like to get my FJ on track later this summer.

It was a great experience... It was put on by a huge local dealership, wonderful interaction for my first experience with this particular dealership, the instructors are from an organization called Sportsbike Track Time, they put on alot of track days for ppl to learn and ride... I choose to ride in Novice as it was my first time and never been on a road course, they taught us the flags the tracks use for communication, body position, tips on picking reference points for corner entry and exit... The novice class was broken down into 8 groups, 8 being the slowest and most relaxing pace to 1 being the fastest paced...you can move up or down to another group if you feel the need... I plan to do a few more track days with STT... The FJ-09 is no slouch its just a FZ-09 in a gentlemans blazer ?... The speeds we experienced in our group was decent but even tho the instructors were over exaggerating the body positions it served a purpose to get us comfortable hanging off the bike...

The track I rode at was Grattan Raceway outta Belding Michigan... 3rd and 4th gear was all I used thru the corners with the exception of 5th gear on the straightway...stock suspension and tires set at 30/30... Foot pegs are a tad low, dragged the outside edge of toe a few times on the aprons but its not a crotch rocket so I stopped hugging the inside corner just a tad...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

It was a great experience... It was put on by a huge local dealership, wonderful interaction for my first experience with this particular dealership, the instructors are from an organization called Sportsbike Track Time, they put on alot of track days for ppl to learn and ride... I choose to ride in Novice as it was my first time and never been on a road course, they taught us the flags the tracks use for communication, body position, tips on picking reference points for corner entry and exit... The novice class was broken down into 8 groups, 8 being the slowest and most relaxing pace to 1 being the fastest paced...you can move up or down to another group if you feel the need... I plan to do a few more track days with STT... The FJ-09 is no slouch its just a FZ-09 in a gentlemans blazer ?... The speeds we experienced in our group was decent but even tho the instructors were over exaggerating the body positions it served a purpose to get us comfortable hanging off the bike... 
The track I rode at was Grattan Raceway outta Belding Michigan... 3rd and 4th gear was all I used thru the corners with the exception of 5th gear on the straightway...stock suspension and tires set at 30/30... Foot pegs are a tad low, dragged the outside edge of toe a few times on the aprons but its not a crotch rocket so I stopped hugging the inside corner just a tad...
Nice! Welcome to the addiction!  

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Added SAE Socket. Made the mount from left over ABS plastic. SAE_Use.jpg

That's nicely done. I assume this is your plug for a Battery Tender? I have mine wired to plug in under the rear seat section, but really like the way you've approached this.