How many miles on your FJ?

It would be useful to hear what owner's experiences are as the mileage accumulates on their FJ 09, so:     1. How many miles are on your bike?                                                                                                   2. What wear items (other than tires,) have you replaced? i.e., chain/sprockets, brake pads, etc, and at       what mileage.                                                                                                                                              3. What problems, if any have you experienced?                                                                                   4. What is your overall opinion of the bike as length of ownership has progressed?                                                                                                                                                                                           Mine is at 9,000 miles, no new parts, or problems, and it remains one of the best bikes I have owned. Powerful, good ergonomics, and a joy to ride. Let's hear what your experience has been. The bike has been out long enough, that some must have some serious mileage on them.

• Premium Member
I have 4000 miles on her right now. If there is anything I could say should be done as per the service manual is,"Do the throttle body sync adjustment." In another thread there was discussion on weather or not to do it at the first service. I had it done at the dealer. Between that and breaking in my bike (throws salt over shoulder) is running smooth as silk. I set the front suspension a little stiffer and left the dampening at original. I'm very happy with this bike. I have to say that because my other rides are old school I'm not a good judge as others on this forum with suspension and brake differences. Since this is my first modern bike I have no reference except for demos I rode while deciding on a new bike. I kept coming back to the FJ09. If there is anything I'd like to see with this bike is a touring package which includes heated grips, cruise control, a good seat, and touring bags.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Mid 6000 miles currently. Replaced the rear tire, the front seems good for another 1500 or so miles. Not sure, have never used sport touring tires before, so I am just checking and guessing at this point.
Have not replaced anything else other than oil and brake fluid.
4-9-2016 - Now have 8500 miles on it.  No issues whatsoever.

Redfjniner would be my guess for mileage king on these forums. He posts a lot, so you should run across him and could ask him.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Just 5700 miles here since I bought it in May. My job has me traveling ~30-40% of the time, so the bike spends a lot of time in the garage yearning for my return home.

I'm still on the original tires, but my rear is getting close to done. No issues so far!

• 2 months later...
I've got about 10,400 miles on mine and the only major problem I've had was the clutch cable breaking at about 7k miles. Replaced it with a new one and I've been riding ever since. Tires had to be replaced at about 5000 miles. Otherwise it gets ridden daily, so long as the ground isn't wet.

I absolutely love this bike, it's the best motorcycle I have ever owned or ridden. The power is just phenomenal and it handles very well. Things I will be tweaking in the future is getting the ECU reflashed in the next couple of months as well as working on getting the suspension setup for me. I mostly commute on it but it was painfully obvious how sensitive the throttle is and how soft the suspension is when entering and exiting corners.

12321278_10210000670840277_1773546404717614883_n.jpg

I have 8,001 miles on my FJ-09. These are all play miles. I can't use it to commute. Rear tire lasted for 7,500 miles, I should have changed sooner. The chain lasted only  6,500 miles. It started running tight then loose. Caught it early. Changed the chain only, sprockets still looked new. Normally I change all three. Looking forward to a great ridding season.

Kurt   

Xpress mentioned it here and I've been wondering about the clutch cables as I've seen quite a few comments on the thread about them. It makes me wonder if the clutch cable is something that should be worried about. I'd like to hear from some of the guys that have gotten up into the 20,000 mile range if they've had them brake or replaced them.
I find 6,500 shocking on a chain since I've been getting 30,000 miles on my chains. I wonder if that's because of how tight the Yamaha spec is?

• Premium Member
Xpress mentioned it here and I've been wondering about the clutch cables as I've seen quite a few comments on the thread about them. It makes me wonder if the clutch cable is something that should be worried about. I'd like to hear from some of the guys that have gotten up into the 20,000 mile range if they've had them brake or replaced them. I find 6,500 shocking on a chain since I've been getting 30,000 miles on my chains. I wonder if that's because of how tight the Yamaha spec is?

For 20 quid you can remove all worry about the clutch cable - buy a spare, stick it under the seat. Fit it or get someone else to fit it if the original breaks.

I have done over 10,000 miles and @johan has done over 12,000 miles on a Tracer without a problem. When we go on a long trip we take our personal technician, who used to be a BMW tech for Park Lane in London. So far we haven't bothered him but I am confident he will get the job done in no time whilst I supervise with a Weissbier in hand.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
Xpress mentioned it here and I've been wondering about the clutch cables as I've seen quite a few comments on the thread about them. It makes me wonder if the clutch cable is something that should be worried about. I'd like to hear from some of the guys that have gotten up into the 20,000 mile range if they've had them brake or replaced them. I find 6,500 shocking on a chain since I've been getting 30,000 miles on my chains. I wonder if that's because of how tight the Yamaha spec is?

My clutch cable broke at 33k. Dealer had recently cleaned and adjusted the cable during the 32k service.