How many miles on your FJ?

I've got about 10,400 miles on mine and the only major problem I've had was the clutch cable breaking at about 7k miles. Replaced it with a new one and I've been riding ever since. Tires had to be replaced at about 5000 miles. Otherwise it gets ridden daily, so long as the ground isn't wet.  
I absolutely love this bike, it's the best motorcycle I have ever owned or ridden. The power is just phenomenal and it handles very well. Things I will be tweaking in the future is getting the ECU reflashed in the next couple of months as well as working on getting the suspension setup for me. I mostly commute on it but it was painfully obvious how sensitive the throttle is and how soft the suspension is when entering and exiting corners.

12321278_10210000670840277_1773546404717614883_n.jpg
Just shy of 30K now. Still using the same OEM replacement clutch cable I installed at 7K, knock on wood no issues to speak of. 

Bike looks great xpress, definitely get the ecu and suspension done I think it will give you a newfound appreciation of the fj.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• 1 month later...
I'm at 23k Km... 21k of it in 12 months.. not sure what that is in miles.

TYRES.
Original Dunlops changed at 14k but was probably 2k Km more than they should have been. Experienced the front handlebar vibration that many people complain about but I thinknI had read on this forum that its nothing more than uneven type wear. Spot on. As soon as the new tyres went on...problem solved. Not impressed by the Dunlops at all....rubbish. Now running Metzeler Roadtec 01's and super impressed. Superb in wet and dry and hardly showing much wear with nearly 10k km on them.

CLUTCH CABLE.
Replaced at 21k km after it broke on the way home from work. 3 weeks for Yamaha to get one in stock. The new 02 part number at least...so doesn't have the wear point that plagues the 01 version. Life of cable will probably depend on what type of riding you are doing. My km are 2/3rds city peak hour commute in heavy traffic and lots of lane filtering and clutch action.

That's it from a maintenance view apart from 10k km services and I drop the oil and filter at the 5k km in betweens. It's one of the key reasons I went the Yamaha over say a Duc Mutlistrada... my relatively high annual km would be very expensive to run/service/maintain.... it's just so reliable and the Torque of the triple just makes it the perfect all rounder.

speedo.jpg

Just rolled over 10K on mine.  Bought new 4th of July weekend 2016 so just starting my 3rd season on it.

Not a lot of miles compared to a lot of folks here, but not bad for an old fart that only takes afternoon rides.  200 miles is a BIG day for me.
  • Thumbsup 1

• 7 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, olddawg said:

13 months 2 7,000 no bike problems ,replaced tires ,chain and sprockets ,great bike.  10/22/17 90,000     6/22/18  118,000     6/30/18   119,000   7/7/18  120,000    7/16/18  121,000      8/31/18   127,000     1/9/19  142,000    3/3/19  146,500

1/9/19  142,000

odometer.jpg

Edited by olddawg
  • Thumbsup 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, olddawg said:

1/9/19  142,000

odometer.jpg

That's awesome. Any thoughts on trading the bike off, or are you going to run it to 200k plus? 

Did I read somewhere that you've only required 2 slight valve adjustments in all those miles?

Thanks!

• Thumbsup 1

18 hours ago, olddawg said:

Three valve adjustments, no drama .  I think I'll hang on to the bike and see who wears out first me or the bike .  I'm 76 yrs young.

Just a number man. Keep up the good work!

Have you replaced any suspension components yet?

• Supporting Member
On 1/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, olddawg said:

1/9/19  142,000

odometer.jpg

@olddawg - Good job on reaching these milestones on the FJ... but you are making the rest of us look bad.  😎

Stay safe and keep on racking up the miles!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***