FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
I took a ride up Spirit Lake Highway to Mt. St. Helens today. The temperature started dropping and I noticed snow on the tree branches.

SLH_1.jpg

I kept gaining altitude and the temperature kept dropping until I hit snow!

SLH_2.jpg

By this time it was already 33 degrees. Right after this photo was taken it started snowing at a good rate, I made it around the next corner and it was almost white-out conditions. I am SO thankful for my heated grips and heated vest! I quickly turned around and made my way back down to town.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
@betoney - I’m jealous! I haven’t been on the bike in almost a month... various conflicts of weather, work, life stuff, etc...

80% chance is rain tomorrow, but I may just bundle up and go anyway.

• Supporting Member
@betoney - I’m jealous! I haven’t been on the bike in almost a month... various conflicts of weather, work, life stuff, etc...  
80% chance is rain tomorrow, but I may just bundle up and go anyway.
The only time I ride in rain is if I get caught in it by surprise, reduced visibility, less traction, minimal lean angle etc. I just dont enjoy it.  With heated gear I definitely will ride in the cold though. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Four of us got out yesterday. 11bf8ad59192f393019692da5d2280a1.jpg
Two FJ-09’s, one Tenere’ and an RT. We had a blast. Actually rode up into the mountains and found a short section of the Blue Ridge Parkway that was not closed. Usually this time of the year we don’t get up there but we got a nice day after the rain. It had washed most of the crud off the roads. Got in 201 miles of smiles! Western North Carolina is fantastic. Red Molly is my FJ-08. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
Four of us got out yesterday. 11bf8ad59192f393019692da5d2280a1.jpg Two FJ-09’s, one Tenere’ and an RT. We had a blast. Actually rode up into the mountains and found a short section of the Blue Ridge Parkway that was not closed. Usually this time of the year we don’t get up there but we got a nice day after the rain. It had washed most of the crud off the roads. Got in 201 miles of smiles! Western North Carolina is fantastic. Red Molly is my FJ-08. ?
Nice beak 
BLB

Thanks, I just got a top case for it.  I got the Yamaha 50L since it snaps in with no adapters. Also ordered a cruise control.  I will let you guys know how it works.  So far I have added a Parabellum tall windshield, heated grips, rear rack, saddlebags, 50L top case, sliders on engine and swingarm.  I run the windshield in lowest setting and seat in lowest setting (really helps with buffeting).  Planning on Michelin Pilot Road 5 tires when the original Dunlops run out.