• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Photo Game Thread

• Supporting Member
Does a picture of a dead Deer by the side of the road count? They are littering the road where I live in PA.
I must admit, I was thinking that the ‘live’ part of ‘livestock’ would be a key part of this challenge :)

After the deer strike that destroyed my beloved VFR, I consider dead deer to be really bad karma...

• Supporting Member
Very nice, looks like a recent visit to the vet?
Good eye! I should have known that ‘motorcycle people’ would also be ‘dog people’ :)

I actually got a few PMs asking about Milo, so here’s his way off-topic bio:

About 13 years old, golden retriever & something mix... much debate on the ‘something’ part among those that have seen him. I’m guessing Mastiff or similar, based on that huge barrel chest that is not typical retriever. He’s a very lean 95 pounds, although it’s hard to tell when he needs a serious haircut.

The shaved leg is from a recent hospital stay for an acute pancreatitis attack. It was really scary, but he’s bounced back well and seems to be doing fine. His hips give him a lot of trouble, but various medicines & supplements are keeping him fairly mobile.

Great friend and companion, and he loves hanging out with me in the shop.

8076c7c607b13681fbdbcfa663945232.jpg

Oh yeah, and a bump for [b style=color:rgb(252, 37, 8)]A picture of your FJ with some form of livestock or animals in the wild.

Good eye! I should have known that ‘motorcycle people’ would also be ‘dog people’ smiley.png 

Yep!   Nice looking doggie, that!   Here's a recent pic of the Shetland Sheepdog who owns my wife and me.   Honey is 8.5 y.o. and in the prime of his life.   He too had a bout of pancreatitis when young, necessitating a spell in vet hospital and so on, but happily it was soon over.   But thank God for pet health insurance! 
Honey goes pretty much everywhere with us, and when out and about with him we are always hearing the word 'Lassie', for he is a dead ringer for Lassie, albeit quite a lot smaller in stature.

He is the love of my life, my best mate, and the centre of my universe, and I don't mind saying so at any opportunity!

P1040813.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Good eye! I should have known that ‘motorcycle people’ would also be ‘dog people’ smiley.png 

Glad to hear he's doing good! I have been pet free since 2010 when my chocolate passed at 14 sad.png  I just recently have been wanting to get another one. When they go, it's pretty rough when they're such a big part of the family for so long. Took me a long time to "get over" him and willing to put myself through that again. He was an amazing companion. 

I'm hoping this one counts. If it is, I'll put up the next challenge in a new post.

There are two horses in the background on one of our many local dairy farms. I was just out for a test ride for a new baffle and remembered this thread at the last moment. Sorry I didn't have my good camera with me, just phone.

A picture of your FJ with some form of livestock or animals in the wild.

pCw1xP2.jpg

Right on. We're going to try and pay it forward a little here. If anyone thinks it's out of line let me know.
[strong]A picture of your FJ with a homeless person, Vet or Senior citizen.  Bonus points for [and to be honest THE point] buying them a coffee, donut or food. [/strong]

Right on. We're going to try and pay it forward a little here. If anyone thinks it's out of line let me know. [strong]A picture of your FJ with a homeless person, Vet or Senior citizen.  Bonus points for [and to be honest THE point] buying them a coffee, donut or food. [/strong]
Wow... that is twisted.
Just thought it would be a nice thing to do for someone given the colder temps and dark days.   You'd be surprised what you could learn from others.  Weather they be homeless, old or someone who's served. 
We have a local guy, Richard, I stop and talk to once in a while and get him a coffee.  Found out he was driving his family when they got into an accident.  Everyone but him died and he's been on the street punishing himself ever since.  Local churches and help groups have tried to get him off the street with no luck.  He hasn't turned to booze or drugs, just a lost soul.
Wasn't looking for anything twisted just seeing if we can do something nice for someone.  You would also be surprised at how many people will talk to people on a motorcycle and pose for pictures if you just talk to them and tell them what you're up to.     

• 5 weeks later...