Auxiliary DC Connector?

vtwin996

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I blew my 2amp fuse with a small compressor yesterday.  Ordered this for a more direct to battery route with bigger fuse. Will connect  to my optimate lead. Will it work.??

s-l400.jpg

CIGARETTE SOCKET ADAPTER ON A 0.9M LEAD THAT WILL...

It looks like that TM68 is rated for 5 amps max. Do you know what the current draw is on your compressor? If it's over 5 amps you need something else. 

1 hour ago, flyfifer said:

Look on ebay for    Yamaha-DC-Power-Outlet-Connector-x2-FZ6-MT07-MT09-FZ07-FZ09.

That's not the one I ment, that's the unplugged right one, that is easy to find. I'm talking about the left one that has a cable plugged in on the picture

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, Soullancer said:

That's not the one I ment, that's the unplugged right one, that is easy to find. I'm talking about the left one that has a cable plugged in on the picture

Here is a list of typical Yamaha connectors. 

Sumitomo - HM Sealed(Mounting Bracket type) and MT Sealed type...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, keithu said:

It looks like that TM68 is rated for 5 amps max. Do you know what the current draw is on your compressor? If it's over 5 amps you need something else. 

I will check fuse size on battery lead but hoping it works.

15 hours ago, betoney said:

Here is a list of typical Yamaha connectors. 

Sumitomo - HM Sealed(Mounting Bracket type) and MT Sealed type...

thanks, already looked on that page, didn't find it :(. only the right connector appears there. The lefty seems to be a mysterious one, tho there are 2 on the GT in the dash and the usb/12v cigarette socket is connected to it

Edited by Soullancer

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I will check fuse size on battery lead but hoping it works.

If using a compressor, connect it directly to the battery with alligator clips or battery tender SAE connector.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

If using a compressor, connect it directly to the battery with alligator clips or battery tender SAE connector.

I've got an old optimate charger with tm connection. Just noticed my compressor has cig connection and sae so converter to either would work. Ye, got crocodiles aswel, but was wanting to use battery lead. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking to mount  a fuse block https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W8MVNSJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1EQP448COWZL4&psc=1 under my seat and connecting accessories to be powered on when bike is on.  I have read through many of the well described posts and prefer this method.  Can someone kindly review and confirm my my wiring diagram.  Should i be missing something, please advise.

Wire Diagram.png

54 minutes ago, Samaha said:

I am looking to mount  a fuse block https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W8MVNSJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1EQP448COWZL4&psc=1 under my seat and connecting accessories to be powered on when bike is on.  I have read through many of the well described posts and prefer this method.  Can someone kindly review and confirm my my wiring diagram.  Should i be missing something, please advise.

Wire Diagram.png

Looking at the diagram in your Amazon link I would say to connect that bus bar lug for the ground terminals ( on the bottom of your diagram where you have the black lead from #85 on the relay connected to) to a chassis ground or run it back to the battery negative. Then reconnect #85 black lead to one of the screws where the other two black leads are. As is you have no return for the loads to ground. Just my humble opinion. I will add that my experience is with a FZ-1 Distribution Block with an internal relay and not an external relay like your diagram. Maybe someone else here can confirm your external relay connections as to solenoid and contacts (#'s 30, 85, 86, & 87).

Edited by Tango
clarification

Blue Lives Matter

On 9/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, OLD DVB said:

There is a fused 7.5 amp unused outlet listed for the heated seat (unless you've got the heated seat!) which might be worth searching for but power straight from the battery with your own fuse rating is hard to beat.

Good thinking that man. I used this unused outlet to power a now fitted Innovv C5 bike video recorder. Made the wiring really straight forward and no need to go to the faff of removing the screen etc. etc. etc.

See here for seat heater outlets.

Cheers. 🖖

Innovv 5.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/27/2020 at 7:20 AM, SortedGT said:

Good thinking that man. I used this unused outlet to power a now fitted Innovv C5 bike video recorder. Made the wiring really straight forward and no need to go to the faff of removing the screen etc. etc. etc.

See here for seat heater outlets.

Cheers. 🖖

Innovv 5.jpg

Perfect, I found the Heated Seat connector and have updated my diagram.  I will begin install tomorrow.  should take about 40 minutes

Wire Diagram ver 4.png