Rpha 70?

getpetey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I've been impressed with the RF1200 over the past few years, but it's also my first 'premium' helmet.   The low noise, comfort and there isn't any unexpected change in resistance when doing things like a shoulder check.  My old HJC wanted to spin my head the rest of the way 'round.

My only negative (that might have been changed) is that the ear cups in the RF1200 are just a bit small if equipping with a Sena headset with the speakers.  They fit, but not perfectly.   I haven't tried the other brands, so some of them might have the same issue.

Get the one that fits your head the best.

So, to update, I did choose to buy the RPHA70. Been two weeks and I really like it. Holy smokes is it light! Fits my head wonderfully and certainly seems much more quiet than my old IS-17. 

I’ve read all all of the reviews about the visor fogging and cracking.  I can’t report on this right now as I’ve experienced none.  Matte scheme is seeet

Will update in the future, one  happyy buyer!

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Coming off my trusty old Bell Vortex, the new RPHA 70 is a big improvement. I find it very comfortable and light. RF1200 was in the running, but there were slight pressure points that I knew would become trouble down the road. That center-mounted visor latch on the RPHA isn't the most brilliant idea, but... overall very happy with the helmet.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Looks like a great helmet and Revzilla has it on sale 

hjcrpha70_st.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

With touring comfort and track-level aerodynamics, the RPHA 70 ST is the perfect companion for long days on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

On 3/28/2019 at 5:24 PM, piotrek said:

Coming off my trusty old Bell Vortex, the new RPHA 70 is a big improvement. I find it very comfortable and light. RF1200 was in the running, but there were slight pressure points that I knew would become trouble down the road. That center-mounted visor latch on the RPHA isn't the most brilliant idea, but... overall very happy with the helmet.

I kinda like the center latch. Mind you, my last helmet had it there too.....

Edited by getpetey

• 4 weeks later...

so I am late to this topic.  I have the 70ST and love it.  I thought it was very loud when I first got it(at same time as FJ), but after this forum, and doing some test figured out quickly it is the buffeting coming from the stock wind screen.  looking for a new screen now...

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, fj09newbie said:

so I am late to this topic.  I have the 70ST and love it.  I thought it was very loud when I first got it(at same time as FJ), but after this forum, and doing some test figured out quickly it is the buffeting coming from the stock wind screen.  looking for a new screen now...

Depending on your stats and what you're looking for, I find the Puig sport works well for me.  Nice clean wind and no buffeting for this guy anymore.  Still think I will pick up a Puig touring for any looooong tours, but I'm happy with the fresh air. The 70ST seems to be an awesome lid. So glad I picked one up. 

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, getpetey said:

Depending on your stats and what you're looking for, I find the Puig sport works well for me.  Nice clean wind and no buffeting for this guy anymore.  Still think I will pick up a Puig touring for any looooong tours, but I'm happy with the fresh air.

I will look into that, and looking into a touring screen as well, for the longer trips.

• Thumbsup 1

Rpha's . Had 11, best helmet ever for me. Also have 70 now, a bit heavier, but I don't have to carry spare visor as it has internal dark dropdown visor, which I have part way down as a kind of sun visor. No problem fogging, 'pinlock'  original has soft seal, the ones packaged are copy's and have hard seal, not so good, but works ok for me. To be fair, rpha's fit my narrower head shape way better than their own is-17, so what's good for me might not be good for others. Try em on is the only way.

Edited by Tripletrouble
  • Thumbsup 2