Daytime running light/Led blinkers - is there any middle ground

Been searching for a bang for buck led blinker plus dry set up. Either it’s the awesome but Expensive Yamaha OEM indicators at around 150 or it’s the cheap eBay no good stuff selling for 10 to 20 bucks.  Has anybody found any good all Choice right in the middle, like bright enough , quality enough but not super expensive. Saw couple but they don’t seem to have drl function. 

22 minutes ago, TracerDoc said:

Been searching for a bang for buck led blinker plus dry set up. Either it’s the awesome but Expensive Yamaha OEM indicators at around 150 or it’s the cheap eBay no good stuff selling for 10 to 20 bucks.  Has anybody found any good all Choice right in the middle, like bright enough , quality enough but not super expensive. Saw couple but they don’t seem to have drl function. 

These are sweet for $52

rizoma_action_turn_signal.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

This premium turn signal features an all anodized aluminum body with SMD LEDs and a light refracting lens.

You may need to get resistors too.

1 hour ago, TracerDoc said:

Been searching for a bang for buck led blinker plus dry set up.  

I take it that 'dry' really means 'drl'.   I don't recall ever having seen what you are looking for in a conventional blinker set-up (but see my later comment below on the D-Zell items).   But don't dismiss the cheaper LEDs/ DRL set-ups available from China on E Bay as an addition to the OE blinkers - I've had several of these on various bikes over the years, as have many other members here, mostly being totally reliable and satisfactory.   Within limits, IMHO, one cannot have too many lumens!

These (lower pic) are one of many identical pairs I've had, they cost about AUD$30 the pair, installation is quick and easy, and I've never had a failure.

An alternative, if you've money to spare and are on a Gen 1 Tracer, might be the Korean-made E Bay D-Zell LEDs that are mounted into the front recess on the hand-guards (Knuckle-guards) on Gen 1 only Tracers.   

Search using www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-FJ-09-MT-09-TRACER-Knuckle-guard-LED-Kit-White-2014Y-2017Y-/172844216166 or similar wording.   

I had pair of these at about AUD$130, IIRC (currently US$96), and they are extremely neat, well-placed high up and wide apart for optimum visibility, and can be had with or without the amber blinker function.   Highly recommended by me. 

image.jpeg.c95253c9a365fa0e9d219fa0e3569b71.jpeg

P1040348.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

DRL?? 

Day time running light :) 

@wordsmith ty, will give it a try. Yes, I always give the eBay stuff a try and never dismiss without an attempt. Lot of good results . The blinker I just installed one yesterday. Looks good but not bright enough if suns out and shiny 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

Take a look at X-ARC signals. I put them on and very happy with the signals even in the sun.

Yes, the X-Arc signals are not only built well but they are VERY bright.  A little pricey but well worth it. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 3/10/2019 at 10:56 PM, TracerDoc said:

So, by daytime running lights, you mean that you want blinkers that are always lit up, but get brighter when they are blinking?  I changed the title of this thread so as not to confuse people that come here looking for regular LED blinkers. 

• Thumbsup 2

16 hours ago, Cruizin said:

So, by daytime running lights, you mean that you want blinkers that are always lit up, but get brighter when they are blinking?  I changed the title of this thread so as not to confuse people that come here looking for regular LED blinkers. 

The OEM Yamahas look like this:

It's not my video, but I have to OEM blinkers and they are quite good. Very visible flashing also in daylight. They are expensive, but I think they're worth it.

• Thumbsup 3

Here is another option, spendy but the size looks right. 

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

AdMore has upped the anti with their premium LED light bar. Get noticed with Twisted Throttle today!

Admore-lightbar-animated.gif?acc=7f39f83

Tail Lights -Blue

Brake Lights -Yellow

Left Turn -SignalBrown

Right Turn -SignalGreen

High Beam -HeadlightYellow

Low Beam -HeadlightGreen

Ground -Black

• Thanks 1

After dilly dallying aroundni finally bit the bullet and ordered the Yamaha oem drl blinkers. 

For the rear rear I ordered the custom dynamics tail light blinker combo. Very nicely made kit, straight fit , no cut split nothing. Plug and play install in 10 mins Max. 

• Thumbsup 1