Self cancel indicator system

Clicknow

Hi iam thinking of adding these self cancel indicator system to my GT,anyone had any experience with these or any other system 

regards graham

STS-presentation-bg.png

Smart Turn System is a device that automatically cancels your turn signals...

Edited by Clicknow

Shouldn't be necessary - but at the vendor's blurb says 'we've all done it'.   Could be a lifesaver, and gives the rider one less thing to worry about when on the the road, especially in congested conditions when one is trying to see/ do/ think about/ concentrate on fifty things at once.   I nearly came a cropper on my recent trip - a van pulled out of a side-street in front of me as I had the indicator still on suggesting I was going to turn into that street, not continue straight on, as I did.   Happily the female driver was more alert than me and stopped in time, otherwise I'd have ploughed into her.   I got a well-deserved bird and spray, but no damage done - all my fault anyway.   Good idea this.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Had them on previous bike, would turn off too early. No good. Turn them off yourself. Twice if you want.

You're missing the obvious point, DK!   🙄   Many (I suspect even your goodself) have at least once or twice forgotten to turn them off!!   I too had that function my latter-day BMWs, could be set to self-cancel after X metres or Y time.   Handy - but came at a cost...

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Had them on my BMW, and took me ages to get back in the swing of cancelling them myself on the Tracer GT. We're lucky, we ride in an group most of the time, minimum two riders at worst, so we tell each other if they're on via the Cardos.

One of the first questions I asked when I looked to change the bike was did it have self cancelling indicators. Had to make myself keep checking I had cancelled them, probably went over the top by doing it over and over. Still forget to do it now and then.

• Thumbsup 2

9 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Too many new bikes have too many gizmos. Post warranty ownership will become very expensive.

That's latter-day BMWs in spades, and one reason I quit the brand after many years and (far too) many bikes of that brand.

• Supporting Member

Hell even my Harley Davidson XR1200 that is 10 years old has self canceling turn signals and they work well. Their is no excuse for our Tracers not having them.If the lowest technology motorcycle  manufacture has them Yamaha should too. 

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• 1 month later...

The old FZR line had self-cancelling signals back in the '80s. I'm astonished at the notion that a modern bike would NOT have self-cancelling blinkers.

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

• Premium Member

Just don't use your turn signals, then you don't have to worry about it. 😀

But seriously... part of me wants to say "I don't need any gol-darn self canceling turn signals, grumble grumble..." but I know that if I ever had a bike with self-canceling signals I would probably then wonder how I lived without them. Harley-Davidson has had this technology for almost 30 years I think, so how difficult can it be? 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
46 minutes ago, keithu said:

Just don't use your turn signals, then you don't have to worry about it. 😀

But seriously... part of me wants to say "I don't need any gol-darn self canceling turn signals, grumble grumble..." but I know that if I ever had a bike with self-canceling signals I would probably then wonder how I lived without them. Harley-Davidson has had this technology for almost 30 years I think, so how difficult can it be? 

True... but then Yamaha STILL use's the '70's era pumpkin indicator lights.  ☹️  Maybe someday...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, betoney said:

True... but then Yamaha STILL use's the '70's era pumpkin indicator lights.  ☹️  Maybe someday...

Don't hold your breath... they still use the original design for the wheels...

wheel.jpg.daec2320b69b383e85878bbc7766d300.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I have them on one bike and think they’re great.  I cannot believe the cost of maintenance would be anything going forward. What baffles me is that Yamaha has put them on bikes as far back as the 70s and why they’re not on bikes now?