Brembo Hydraulic Clutch

coachluciano

• Premium Member

Has anyone here successfully added the Brembo RCS19 Hydraulic clutch to is bike?  Looking for winter projects and want something to match the Brembo Corsa Corta master cylinder I just ordered. I did a lot of web research and seems like there is little out there on the FJ-09 and hydraulic clutches except for Magura. By the way, Magura is great, have them on my mountain bike. Thoughts and / or reasons to completely avoid? Otherwise I guess come Feb there will be some data on the conversion. It’s not cheap. Could only find one company to that makes the slave cylinder to actuate the clutch. Any advice here is welcome as well.  

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, coachluciano said:

Has anyone here successfully added the Brembo RCS19 Hydraulic clutch to is bike?  Looking for winter projects and want something to match the Brembo Corsa Corta master cylinder I just ordered. I did a lot of web research and seems like there is little out there on the FJ-09 and hydraulic clutches except for Magura. By the way, Magura is great, have them on my mountain bike. Thoughts and / or reasons to completely avoid? Otherwise I guess come Feb there will be some data on the conversion. It’s not cheap. Could only find one company to that makes the slave cylinder to actuate the clutch. Any advice here is welcome as well.  

There is a lot of good reading here.  https://www.tracer900.net/search/?q=magura hydraulic clutch

One other clutch option if you haven't considered it yet, - the Assist/Slipper clutch from the XSR and '17 FJ09 is a direct fit on the '15/'16 FJ09.  I haven't compared the clutch pull from the Magura hydraulic clutch vs. the A/S clutch but I am very happy with the A/S clutch.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, betoney said:

There is a lot of good reading here.  https://www.tracer900.net/search/?q=magura hydraulic clutch

One other clutch option if you haven't considered it yet, - the Assist/Slipper clutch from the XSR and '17 FJ09 is a direct fit on the '15/'16 FJ09.  I haven't compared the clutch pull from the Magura hydraulic clutch vs. the A/S clutch but I am very happy with the A/S clutch.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, betoney said:

Currently nestled inside my clutch. Lol. Added that fine upgrade over the winter last year. And ordered from the source noted above. 

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

15 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Have you done the suspension, had the ECU flashed, maybe a new exhaust? Do you have heated grips, led lights or a better windshield? I'm really curious about why you feel you need a new clutch. Will it make your bike faster, last longer, more reliable. Maybe the reason you don't see a lot of clutch stuff is that the stock part works well. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

Have you done the suspension, had the ECU flashed, maybe a new exhaust? Do you have heated grips, led lights or a better windshield? I'm really curious about why you feel you need a new clutch. Will it make your bike faster, last longer, more reliable. Maybe the reason you don't see a lot of clutch stuff is that the stock part works well. 

Here is where I stand today with mods:

• ·         Andreani Cartridges - Front

• ·         Ohlin’s YA-5353 Rear

• ·         Yoshi Fender Eliminator

• ·         Super Blinky-Bright Rear Break Light

• ·         Ivan’s Flash

• ·         Full Yoshimura R77 Exhaust

• ·         Slipper Clutch

• ·         Rizoma Bar

• ·         Rizoma Grips

• ·         Rizoma Bar Ends

• ·         Rizoma Mirrors

• ·         Rizoma Rear Pegs

• ·         Rizoma Oil Cap

• ·         Sargent Seat – Soon to be swapped with a Bagger Seat

• ·         Healtech Quick Shifter
  •    Soon to add the Brembro Corsa Corta Master Cylinder

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 10:06 AM, coachluciano said:

Here is where I stand today with mods:

• ·         Andreani Cartridges - Front

• ·         Ohlin’s YA-5353 Rear

• ·         Yoshi Fender Eliminator

• ·         Super Blinky-Bright Rear Break Light

• ·         Ivan’s Flash

• ·         Full Yoshimura R77 Exhaust

• ·         Slipper Clutch

• ·         Rizoma Bar

• ·         Rizoma Grips

• ·         Rizoma Bar Ends

• ·         Rizoma Mirrors

• ·         Rizoma Rear Pegs

• ·         Rizoma Oil Cap

• ·         Sargent Seat – Soon to be swapped with a Bagger Seat

• ·         Healtech Quick Shifter
  •    Soon to add the Brembro Corsa Corta Master Cylinder

I was waiting for this reply 😀

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

What's the maintenance interval? Don't most require rebuilding regularly? Definitely check on cost and availability of a rebuild kit etc.

Seems like it might increase weight and complexity but that's only a guess. 

One reason I might consider such an upgrade  might be say an arthritic wrist and this provided an easier pull etc. 

• Premium Member

All good questions. I’m assuming next to no maintenance other than keeping the fluid fresh. Easy with proper tools. Weight will nominal difference, I’m guessing 1-2 beers possibly. I’ll have the clutch and the slave here Friday. Clutch pull with my slipper will be melted butter. Any suggestions on where to get a custom hydraulic line? Need to make some measurements and get that ordered and then we’ll have the $500 answer. Or at least I will. 

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

I’ll have the clutch and the slave here Friday. Clutch pull with my slipper will be melted butter.

I'm really curious to see how much lighter pull this has when used in combination with the assist/slipper clutch.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, betoney said:

I'm really curious to see how much lighter pull this has when used in combination with the assist/slipper clutch.

Let me see if my trigger pull gauge goes up that high - lol.  But you make a great point.  I need to do some measurements before I start the swap.  Still trying to find a decent pressure switch that is needed.  For some reason the clutch does not have a mechanical switch, whereas the brake did. I had one delivered today but not a sure that what i want that one on the final product.  I'm not good at documenting stuff, but in this case I will.  Always have to give back to this forum whenever possible.  Even if no one ever reads it, its part of the knowledge database.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I’ve got the magura/xsr clutch fitted to mine, beautifully smooth, I’ve got some sort of funky nerve pain in my left arm and no longer notice the pain when commuting in heavy traffic now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, betoney said:

Part kit is on National Backorder till 11/21/19... Even tho it's listed as "in stock" .. Got an "I'm sorry" email with the option to cancel order or wait... I picked to wait 🙄...

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Part kit is on National Backorder till 11/21/19... Even tho it's listed as "in stock" .. Got an "I'm sorry" email with the option to cancel order or wait... I picked to wait 🙄...

well worth the wait - and a fairly easy install to boot.  Hardest part of aligning up the shift rod with the internal cogs.  You will know what I'm talking about when you get there.  Have a beer or two ready to ease the frustration.

• Thumbsup 1