McCruise

• Premium Member

Yes Dazzler, that's what I mean.  Cut the zip tie slot off (if you can measure the depth with it removed) and DS tape / hot glue it to the upper half of the OEM pod (where there is a plate that can be removed for a rocker). Maybe the plate can be drilled for fasteners but I need to know if the slim switch comes apart or what's inside to screw to.  Various options here...

If the slim switch is around 20 mm with the zip tie slot cut off, add 1.5 mm and it would project out 21.5 mm; maybe too much...

Thx

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

A data point: I recently installed the MCcruise with the standard switch. It does sort of block the menu button depending on the position of the clutch perch. I rotated my clutch perch back a little bit and that helped. Clutch ergos are still fine.

Performance otherwise has been flawless, and the install instructions were outstanding.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Member

@2and3cylinders - well after all this discussion about repositioning the slim switch I got a rush of blood today and actually did it.

I think it worked out pretty well.  Your idea of attaching it to the control pod was adopted.

I cut the switch along the lines suggested by McCruise which gave me just enough to be able to allow the mirror/clutch lever assembly to move back to its original position.  I cleaned up the surfaces with some alcohol swabs and initially used ordinary double sided tape (which was old!) to stick the switch onto the pod but it wasn't strong enough so found some 3M high strength DST and that seems to be holding fine.  If that doesn't work out there is the option to put a small holding screw (or two) in - see the little dimple marks which are designed just for that purpose.

Went for a ride and test and all good so far 😁

Hope this sheds some light & helps with your decision making process.

Cheers.

See photos for final outcome....

The last photo you can see where my clutch lever would touch (two little marks) on the pod when it was in the - moved 10mm right position.

Cut.thumb.jpg.019854734823b02541af69a727487a5d.jpgDST1.thumb.jpg.9049a7c1088e18210846c366d6031cb7.jpgDST2.thumb.jpg.1af556afaff067051c9d0d699f3fa58a.jpgClutch_touch.thumb.jpg.fc749a76bf8a2808597c60e77e9415fe.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Thank you, for confirming the concept!  Could it Have worked without cutting the slim switch, and just RE taped and zip tied over the clutch mirror perch, at least as a test mounting?

BTW, I have the same levers in silver / dark grey, and use silicone rubber sleeves over them like made by Progrip, except I had to buy 2 different pairs because I have a R1 Been no front brake nd to go with the R1 320 knox rotors, spacers, Speigler lines andHH+ pads (stock pads are only GG).

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thank you, for confirming the concept!  Could it Have worked without cutting the slim switch, and just RE taped and zip tied over the clutch mirror perch, at least as a test mounting?

Short answer is probably no, as the bolt for the mirror/clutch lever assembly gets in the way.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I'm going to ask Tony if they have a bracket for the standard switch like they provide for mounting below the OEM control pod for the KTM 1090 / 1190 Adventure models per the attached photo.

I'll LYK

For reference go to:  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0163/1038/files/mcs6580a_tbw_partlist.pdf?13767057739561201357

mccruise-installation-02-wbw.jpg

***My Pick of the Year So Far*** Interested in picking one up? Use coupon...

Mccruise MCS830O Tall Sw Brkt Instln.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

Oooo. That's kinda sexy too. 

Agreed.  I definitely like it under the switch cluster rather than on top.  Looks like it could easily be reached with your thumb.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

BTW, I spoke to Tony at McCruise late this afternoon and discussed their two switches. He mentioned they had developed a bracket to mount the SLIM switch horizontally under the left OM control pod for a Spyder but not had time to create one for the FJ/FZ/XSR etc and all other Yamahas that use the same left control pod.  I offered to create such a bracket as well as possibly a under-slung bracket for the standard switch and send him the drawings in AutoCAD if he sends me both switches with my order.  Tony agreed he would.

Now those will be even more sexy mounts IMO!!!  Bare in mind that any low slung switches could contact the fuel tank front cowl (cover) at full left lock; depending on your handlebar and where it is rotated...

To be continued.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You guys are killing me!!!!!!!

I want my cruise control NOW!!!!! I can't wait for your extra sexy designs to come around.

I'll be over here in the corner pouting.     😤😟

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

You guys are killing me!!!!!!!

I want my cruise control NOW!!!!! I can't wait for your extra sexy designs to come around.

I'll be over here in the corner pouting.     😤😟

Go ahead and order it with the slim switch and use "advrider" for a 5% discount in the appropriate box; and use a card that does not charge a foreign transaction fee.  BTW, shipping will add about $43 USD.

You can then, "if YOU choose to accept this mIssion", trim and mount the slim switch like Dazzler did (vertically to the inboard side of the OEM switch pod), and later I'll offer my under-slung slim switch bracket to forumites at cost plus...

Still pouting?

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

BTW Dazzler, what's on the right side of your bar with the 2 red buttons?

Very observant @2and3cylinders - the top red button is an RPG launcher for cars that cut me off,  and the bottom button is my ejector seat .... in case I miss!! 😉

Ok, enough BS.  The buttons are part of my dash cam.  They both do the same thing in that they take still photos at every push and 'lock' video footage (before and after) from being erased.  Intended for crash/accident info but I use it for when an interesting bit of scenery or something that catches my eye that I want to easily find when I'm back home on the PC. 🙂

• Thumbsup 2