What’s Your Favorite Jacket?

• Premium Member

Have had a Roadcrafter one piece since 1993.  Love the looks like rain, keep on riding aspect of it as much as anything.  I have a two piece Darien I bought off my buddy when he got out of riding ( who does that? ) I had a Bestaff Trialsmaster for over 25 years too that I used mostly to ride to work almost every day, except in accumulated snow.  I have a Joe Rocket jacket too and a pair of mesh jackets.  And I have two bikes and lots of helmets and gloves.  My friends can't use the excuse that they don't have a bike or gear because I have it already.  More fun riding with the friends that I know can ride well.

• Thumbsup 1

• 6 months later...

Iv'e got an Oxford Hinterland Textile triple laminated,i do not see the point in having to put a liner in to make it waterproof also do not want a lot or any vents in a jacket,my waterproof textile is for Autumn/winter then i have a perforated leather jacket for summer.

I have 2 jackets, a 16 year old Dainese leather and a slightly younger Arlen Ness summer jacket.

I can't say much more than that except that the Dainese is black and white and silver and has a removeable zip out winter lining and also zips onto my Dainese leather pants. I haven't worn either in years because it doesn't get cold enough.

I have a lightweight padded jacket that I wear under the Arlen Ness if it is a bit chilly.

• 5 weeks later...

Living in Southern Ontario, Canada. Olympia X-Moto suit in grey / hi-viz. works very well during the hot summer days.The rest of the season Klim GoreTex Latitude Misano jacket and pants in black. Completely waterproof and well vented. I'm usually wearing hi-viz air bag vest on the top of this suit.

Edited by Rick123

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, fddriver2 said:

I live in a very warm area. South Florida. So here are my 2 favorite (so far) jackets.

For local travel and weekend trips I use a Rev-it wind mesh jacket. Well made, breathes good enough for Florida. After about 6 months of near daily use the only 2 things I don't like are the main zipper (Small and figgety especially with gloves on)  and the color (silver/black) hard to keep clean.

revit_wind_jacket.jpg

A simple, yet elegant solution for the heat of summer riding, the REV’IT...

The jacket I use for the rare cold days here and for long trips is a Firstgear Kilimanjaro. So far it has been near perfect. Waterproof (for real) vents really well considering what it is. I haven't been caught in really hot weather yet so YMMV.

My only beef about it so far is the weight. It weighs a ton. 

firstgear_kilimanjaro_jacket_day_glo.jpg

Looking for a 3 to 4 season waterproof adventure touring jacket? Look no...

The 

Are we twins?  I have the same 2 jackets with the kili in gray and rev'it in black.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, misterfancy said:

Are we twins?  I have the same 2 jackets with the kili in gray and rev'it in black.

Maybe 

20201218_161857.jpg

20201025_155049.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I have a Joe Rocket textile jacket that I bought in 2007. It’s been through a Bandit 1250, DR650, FJR1300, Goldwing, TW200, and now I’m wearing it on my Tracer 900 GT. Got some miles on it and every pad except for he back has crumbled. Definitely my favorite for durability, I will be ordering new pads. My last AGV sucked, it fell apart at the seems. I also have one that has the Goldwing logo that’s lighter weight, can’t remember the mfg but it seems to be a good jacket.

17 hours ago, Just-Tim said:

I have a Joe Rocket textile jacket that I bought in 2007. It’s been through a Bandit 1250, DR650, FJR1300, Goldwing, TW200, and now I’m wearing it on my Tracer 900 GT. Got some miles on it and every pad except for he back has crumbled. Definitely my favorite for durability, I will be ordering new pads. My last AGV sucked, it fell apart at the seems. I also have one that has the Goldwing logo that’s lighter weight, can’t remember the mfg but it seems to be a good jacket.

I've been rocking a Joe Rocket "67" combination textile/leather jacket for a few years now, and it's holding up extremely well.  Not ideal in the winter (no thermal liner) but it's sturdy and came with decent armor.  Watching my fellow riders go through jackets due to them just wearing out despite doing far fewer kms per year in way better weather has really made me happy with the Joe Rocket. 

I do need to get a winter waterproof jacket, though.  No amount of spray makes my current jacket even remotely waterproof ;)

Just received this HWK from amazing.. $50 fairly inexpensive.. I wanted something for early spring / fall.. has zip out lining , a few pockets and armor.BACBD548-EF80-46AF-9488-59E03B0D6ECA.thumb.jpeg.1664974178ef8ae183e8893d8f6b8c6e.jpeg

57D37D33-8CE6-431D-B877-89AF33397F53.jpegQuick update.. wore today for the first time in 42 degree weather.. was warmer than I thought and totally wind resistant. A pretty good buy for $50usd

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Transition series, missed getting a 5 in my size after they got discontinued, but my 4 was awesome until I uh... put some weight on. Whoops.

In theory I'll be able to wear it again, in practice I may not fit into the new jacket I got for long if I don't put down the fork.

Just got my new Rev'it! Sand 4.  Pretty excited to take it on my first ride; it's easily the most expensive MC jacket I've bought, and the differences are pretty stark compared to my Joe Rocket 67.  Both have full sets of armor, but the Sand's textile portions are very obviously much stronger, the ventilation options are enormously better, it's got attachment points for Stuff (really handly for running my helmet's wiring), shockingly huge pockets, better zippers, waterproof and insulating liners, etc.  All in all, it cost twice as much but it's readily obvious *why* it did.  

Still, I love that the 67 is so close to a "regular" jacket in feel, though I do wonder how much that disparity will change as the Sand "breaks in" (I've got some 60k on that 67, so it's leather panels are super soft and supple now).