Is there a Triumph in your past?

I had a 2005 Sprint ST I sold the day before I picked up the Tracer.

It really was a great bike but just uncomfortable at this point.   Much happier with the tracer in most conditions.

A3BA4E12-7715-4E20-B43A-35B01909A8BA.jpeg

Had at least 1 Daytona 675 since 2006. Currently have two Daytona 675 Rs, 2015 track and 2016 road. Traded 2011 Sprint GT in on the Tracer. Great move for me, Tracer is much more fun and lively than the GT was. Also a lot more comfortable!

I guess I have a triple thing going on?

20200718_202524.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

A bit off-topic. There's no Triumph motor in my past but I did ride a Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro last Wednesday. I came for a ride on a 900 GT Pro but that wasn't available.

Long story short: nice bike, easy to steer, very soft suspension (rally Pro is softer than GT pro) but a typical 2 cylinder and not a replacement for my Tracer.

6 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

A bit off-topic. There's no Triumph motor in my past but I did ride a Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro last Wednesday. I came for a ride on a 900 GT Pro but that wasn't available.

Long story short: nice bike, easy to steer, very soft suspension (rally Pro is softer than GT pro) but a typical 2 cylinder and not a replacement for my Tracer.

It's a triple, not a twin. The twin feel is the firing interval.

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

Any opinions on the new Tiger 900?  The new T-Plane triple motor has been getting a lot of great press.

Spurg at Revzilla couldn't praise either the GT Pro or Rally Pro enough - both sound like amazing machines.

2020_Triumph_Tiger_900_Rally_Pro_and_GT_

Triumph called the new Tigers a huge step forward. Spurgeon was...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, betoney said:

Any opinions on the new Tiger 900?  The new T-Plane triple motor has been getting a lot of great press.

Spurg at Revzilla couldn't praise either the GT Pro or Rally Pro enough - both sound like amazing machines.

2020_Triumph_Tiger_900_Rally_Pro_and_GT_

Triumph called the new Tigers a huge step forward. Spurgeon was...

I for one liked it. But for me it would be a bike next to my Tracer (if I could afford it....).

What amazed me was the way the seat could be raised. It took 2 people from the dealer to get it in the upper position and stay there. The first guy put it in the upper position and when I sat on it it collapsed (and i’m around 82kg, so not too heavy). The second guy was trying for about 5 minutes before they finally got it right. Maybe it was more because of the lack of experience they had but it wasn’t as easy as raising the seat of the Tracer. 

I did really love the way the Tiger turns. Twisty roads, roundabouts....all very easy. And I got the feeling I was “inside” the bike. When I drove home on my Tracer it felt like I was on top of the bike. A really strange experience. 

Starting the bike can be done instantly, however it does take quite long before the screen/board computer are available. The sales guy did warn me about it but it surprised me anyway. 

I am a bit worried though that the vibration (like I said, it behaved like a big twin engine) will be a bit annoying during long rides.

All in all, a very nice bike. With the Rally Pro being very soft in the suspension department. I’m going to try the GT Pro some other time. Maybe it will change my mind....

Edited by Michiel900GT
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

My dad owned an early-90s Triumph, right after the relaunch of the brand.  It was the big modular motored bike... 1200 Trophy, maybe?   We jokingly nicknamed it “Crushing Defeat” somewhere along the way, but it was actually a reliable and pleasant motorcycle (questionable fit & finish aside). 

Triumph Thunderbird 900 2002 model. Loved it. Did thousands of fun kilometres on it. In the end electrical problems and other commitments saw us part our ways. Great bike to own if you are into polishing chrome and tinkering. Now I have the 2018 tracer. No chrome and any work is done by the Yamaha service agent. Just ride.