Radiator Guard / Grill

• Supporting Member

@Matt 2703I got a deal on the Yamaha guard for my Tracer GT, but I don't see it as any better quality than the Chinese ones  E bay. I'm not a big fan of Chinese junk but the radiator guard Is hard to screw up.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

1 hour ago, Howton said:

I also bought this one also and can say it was a perfect fit. Did a review with pictures on it on the items site. My review is the first one with photos.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
57 minutes ago, RandyN said:

I also bought this one also and can say it was a perfect fit. Did a review with pictures on it on the items site. My review is the first one with photos.

That looks like a good one, the one I have looks similar.  @Matt 2703 - there are a few versions sold that are just a flat sheet of metal that mount with zip ties, VERY cheezy design in my opinion, make sure it is a wrap around design with screw holes for mounting like the one linked above.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

19 hours ago, Matt 2703 said:

Any suggestions for a 2019 tracer gt radiator Guard, the Givi one looks ok, any views? 

Hi, I installed the genuine Yamaha item, reasonably priced and very well made. Can see it in the attached photo I took of the Denali Mini Sound Bomb recently.

1211538734_DenaliSoundBombMini.jpg

I got the one linked above from amazon.  Shitty fitment. Returned it. Got another one from amazon that copied the Evotech one.  It fits well. The two front hole isn't where it's suppose to be tho.  Suppose to be right behind the two dzus screw. 

But it's a radiator grill. i made one for my GSXR from wire mesh and plumbing strap folded in half. Held to the radiator by safety wire.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the Evotech unit.  Easy to install and great quality.  I would stay away from the chinese knock-off crap.  I've never had good luck with those types of products.

• Thumbsup 2