Radiator Guard / Grill

On 4/13/2020 at 2:37 PM, TheBigG said:

I just made one in my garage. The cheapest one on internet would cost 60 euros (shipping included). I paid 20-25 euros for the parts...

If you don't like the ideea you can check the link below. I think the shipping cost is 10 euros. 

pmhLFhM.jpg

QoGjpAh.jpg

19wDyHW.jpg

1RoAG9a.jpg

F9mykvx.jpg

You sir, are an artist!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, RandyN said:

I also bought this one also and can say it was a perfect fit. Did a review with pictures on it on the items site. My review is the first one with photos.

Thanks RandyN.  I just ordered the this one from the same vendor to fit my 2020 900 GT.  hope it fits.

I have the Evotech and I am super happy with the fit/finish/install.   Goes in and is solid.  Unlike a lot of the knockoffs or even the OEM guard that attaches with zip ties. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I have the Powerbronze guard. It attaches with zip ties which feels cheap but actually it works fine. I have a couple thousand miles on it now and there isn't any indication that it vibrates. 

On 4/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, RandyN said:

I also bought this one also and can say it was a perfect fit. Did a review with pictures on it on the items site. My review is the first one with photos.

thank you Howton RandyN.  Followed in your footsteps.  Install took 20 minutes because i'm already familiar with removing the side fairings.  Quality is great and best of all is the fit on a 2020 900 GTIMG_3454.thumb.jpg.f1801ab32bb8e0ec9c7ad301657dbab2.jpgIMG_3455.thumb.jpg.3baa72bae9ccc92e4c7206ddc924f169.jpgIMG_3456.thumb.jpg.7d595e46aab5490b07f9ec46620c9b38.jpg.  It came with an adhesive foam strip which i tried and ended up not using.  Im very happy with this purchase.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

That bike is FAR too clean!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

initially was looking at R&G Crash protector and got a couple of it, than off to R&G radiator guard, after conversion, its 700% more than the chinese no brand and chinese brand offered a few pattern.... scientifically i doubt there is any difference for especially radiator guard if all are made of metal. 

Hi I can also vouch for the Evotech guard excellent fit and quality. Their brake and clutch levers are equally as good and less than half the price as the Yamaha levers, highly recommended.

• Thumbsup 2

After putting on my guard I noticed how close the horn location was to the radiator at full lock to the left. It doesn't hit but to my eye I loosened and rotated the horn facing forward .Not only does it move it away and clear every thing better ,it even tucks it up under a little out of sight and it looks better also. Just my 2 cents.

MIKE

I ordered the same one(Universal Black)that Howton and Randy N talked about.  Perfect fit.  I tweaked the tabs just a tad like Randy N suggested.  It was packaged well, a box within a box with a strip of foam to place around the inside of the guard where it contacts the radiator.  As previously mentioned, no instructions included.  

On 7/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, Clegg78 said:

OEM guard that attaches with zip ties. 

What!  The Yamaha radiator guard is not screwed on and is secured with plastic zip ties?

I'm about to start negotiations to buy a new one and rad guard was one of the things I was going to try and negotiate into the price, but if its only held on with zip ties I'll give that a miss and get the evotech or similar.

• Thumbsup 1

Hey guys,

Do any of you folks notice reduced cooling due to diminished air flow with a rad guard in place?

I have never read / heard of a radiator puncture or damage on a street-only Tracer.  With a front fender extender I don't see how the radiator could be hit by anything the front tire kicks up.

Has anyone had radiator damage on one of these bikes?

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

7 hours ago, Cornersruns said:

What!  The Yamaha radiator guard is not screwed on and is secured with plastic zip ties?

I'm about to start negotiations to buy a new one and rad guard was one of the things I was going to try and negotiate into the price, but if its only held on with zip ties I'll give that a miss and get the evotech or similar.

Yeah check these reviews!