• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Looking into Tracer 900 GT as Sport Touring Bike

3 hours ago, koth442 said:

Going to blatantly thread jack here... Are you up late or early? Isn't about 2AM in Scotland? 

Both , (and it's now 4:43 am) 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, betoney said:

@MrFritz86 - Besides the sticker, I don't see anything wrong with the dash.  The bike appears to be in great condition except for the bent brake pedal.

look at this image where I made some guides to show the front being offset

It's not only the dash, the whole front

It's the first thing that caught my eyes when I jumped on the bike

Pbg10oph.jpg

Post with 0 views.

Edited by MrFritz86

You live more in five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their entire life. "Marco Simoncelli" - Yamaha Tracer 900 '19 - Honda CB650R '19

6 hours ago, MrFritz86 said:

look at this image where I made some guides to show the front being offset

It's not only the dash, the whole front

It's the first thing that caught my eyes when I jumped on the bike

Pbg10oph.jpg

Post with 0 views.

That does seem a bit odd.  Just out of curiosity I looked at mine and do not see this condition.  Maybe a thorough inspection of the front end of the bike for any signs it has been down would be wise.  It may be nothing to worry about though.   

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

1 hour ago, johnmark101 said:

That does seem a bit odd.  Just out of curiosity I looked at mine and do not see this condition.  Maybe a thorough inspection of the front end of the bike for any signs it has been down would be wise.  It may be nothing to worry about though.   

That’s what I was afraid of, but I didn’t feel anything odd when riding it, considering that I never ridden this bike before, so maybe I just didn’t spot it 

I think that the bike has been dropped though 

the crankcase cover is a bit scratched and the rear brake pedal is bent

You live more in five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their entire life. "Marco Simoncelli" - Yamaha Tracer 900 '19 - Honda CB650R '19

He has just admitted to have it dropped to the side when stationary

but I don’t trust him anymore at this point

we could take it to the dealer for a complete check-up, he has to pay for it of course

2 hours ago, MrFritz86 said:

I'd say that sums it up. You could get it checked properly, and it might be just a bent bracket or bars or something.
BUT
It's going to be at the back of your mind.
I'd either offer stupidly low money for it, or find another (but that's just me)

12 minutes ago, Stew said:

I'd say that sums it up. You could get it checked properly, and it might be just a bent bracket or bars or something.
BUT
It's going to be at the back of your mind.
I'd either offer stupidly low money for it, or find another (but that's just me)

The odd thing is that he did not even bother to lower the price or to offer a complete check up at the dealer.

Either, really is not a big damage, or he realized that he f***ed up trying to play with me.

I really hoped for it, but the way he did it, not saying it up front, made me look at my wallet and say, do not take the risks of buying something that you are not sure of.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I'd pass. If he kept this from you - what else has he not been forthcoming about. Did he haggle with you when you offered him $10K or did he jump at it?

That front end looks off to me for sure. Even if the damage isn't structural, it would drive me nuts looking at it.

Rob 

• Thumbsup 1

Just now, rlambke19 said:

I'd pass. If he kept this from you - what else has he not been forthcoming about. Did he haggle with you when you offered him $10K or did he jump at it?

That front end looks off to me for sure. Even if the damage isn't structural, it would drive me nuts looking at it.

Rob 

that's what drove me bonkers, why keeping it from me if it really was just a drop when stationary??

I offered him 9.5, ha said 10.5, and then I told 10 bc I wanted to stay below 11k with taxes and fees, he said yes. not really a big fight

but why not offer something back when I noticed all of those things........

Yeah it was driving me nuts, I wasn't sure if the road was bent or my brain was totally f***ed ahahahahahah

• Like 1

Now I have another question

Is the Tracer 900 worth it?

is it upgradable just like the GT? (quick shifter, springs)

I do not really mind about the different display, and I could eventually add aftermarket heated grips, atlas throttle lock, aftermarket panniers, top case and tank bag.

there is a 2019 listed for $7.499 at a dealer in Alabama, and is 2.5 hours away from my house.

4 hours ago, MrFritz86 said:

If you have second thoughts WALK AWAY there are plenty of bikes out there I have bought several bikes through E-bay from private sellers before seeing the bikes but each time I would spend ages on phone calls to the sellers  getting a feel for them If trust hadn't  developed I wound not have gone through with the deal.

• Thumbsup 2

Nope. If he's hiding one thing, he'll hide more.  Walk away and keep looking.

• Thumbsup 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

31 minutes ago, northsouth said:

That's quite a whack to get the front that far out. Are they scrapes on the side case or just dent type scratches from a true stationary tip over? If they are scrapes it wasn't stationary. 

Didn’t really see any particular scrapes, but he could have had them fixed....who knows

and yes, the front is really too far out, better safe than sorry at this point

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, MrFritz86 said:

Is the Tracer 900 worth it?  <snip>  there is a 2019 listed for $7.499 at a dealer in Alabama, and is 2.5 hours away from my house.

"Worth it" is so HIGHLY subjective that only you can really answer for yourself.   That said, the standard Tracer is a ton of motorcycle for the kind of deal you're seeing on new, non-current 2019 models.   You seem like the type that's very cautious about a used bike (totally understandable), and buying new takes all of that concern out of the equation.

You can't really make a standard Tracer into a GT, but if you only selectively need some of the features, it would be a great way to go.   Factory bags are about $1,000 retail, but they show up here periodically used (or there are a bunch of aftermarker options).   You can add cruise, heated grips, and the quickshifter if your really want them...  just a personal cost/benefit call on each of those.   The TFT gauges are admittedly really nice, and there's no way of getting that on a standard model. 

But to answer your question:  Yes, $7.5K for a brand new, factory warrantied 2019 Tracer is a hell of a deal.   I would seriously consider going that route.

Good luck!
-Scott

• Like 1