2021 GT Updates

Darold

That is why I have a scooter, want a Grom but can't figure how to mount the stuff I carry on the scooter so have the scooter.  So much fun to hop on and ride - it will do 60mph so can go lots of places.  Saw a fella on a From on I20 west of Atlanta on a Grom, full tuck trying to get a much speed as possible.  

Edited by PhotoAl

On 3/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, betoney said:

Has anyone else gone to their local dealership and asked about availability?  I was at the local shop today asking about the new MT09 and Tracer 9 GT and was told by the owner that they don't know when they will be arriving but expect it to be later in the Spring than originally planned.  He said they were having a hard time getting inventory period, as I looked around, I noticed the showroom was half full at best. 

Last year they were selling the Tenere 700 as fast as they could get them and would re-order and sell out again, this year they put in a request for 30 Tenere 700's over the next 6 months and were told not to expect any.  Infact he said they were going to have a demo days this year but don't have the inventory to sell in support of a demo event so they cancelled it this year. 

Anyone else hearing similar news at their dealership?

My dealer claims with confidence that my bike will arrive mid April. They state that customer orders placed before March are in the priority lane and was shipped to Europe as part of the demo bikes that are now in places like Italy and France for all those press releases.

I am dreaming and hoping that this is the truth :)

• Thumbsup 4

Just recived an email from my Dutch dealer..   expected May 😶.  ' Ordered'  end 12 '2020

The Dutch demo's were plated around 1st week of March 😉

Edited by basholland
English is not my native language, so wrong words or phrases can be used

Just now, nick@forceberg.net said:

Same as me. Let's hope you'll get it sooner! So far it's April for Sweden according yamaha. But very uncertain times now. And on top of that we have a damn ship grounding in the canal too 🙄

Yaa , hope so.. Still have the '15 model to ride, so waiting isn't the worst @ the moment. 

/offtopic funny , reply from Sweden while watching a biketraveller Noraly trip through Sweden 😬

• Thumbsup 1
English is not my native language, so wrong words or phrases can be used

14 minutes ago, basholland said:

Yaa , hope so.. Still have the '15 model to ride, so waiting isn't the worst @ the moment. 

/offtopic funny , reply from Sweden while watching a biketraveller Noraly trip through Sweden 😬

Yeah I got a Tracer 700 2018 that I will trade in so I'm ok for now too. The weather in Sweden still don't provide for that many bike rides yet anyways. But it's still a pain to wait 😄

Nice! Sweden is a great place to ride in. Many fun roads with great scenery 😊

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

Same as me. Let's hope you'll get it sooner! So far it's April for Sweden according yamaha. But very uncertain times now. And on top of that we have a damn ship grounding in the canal too 🙄

I saw that...still causing a massive backlog of container ships in the Suez Canal. Would stuff bound for Europe coming from Japan take that route? More-than-likely. 😞

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

5 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

I saw that...still causing a massive backlog of container ships in the Suez Canal. Would stuff bound for Europe coming from Japan take that route? More-than-likely. 😞

I was reading a similar post on the FZ/MT09 forum, lack of availability of many vehicles- motorcycles and automobiles in several different countries. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hi, new to the forum.  This will be my first Tracer.  Just talked to my dealer where I have a deposit down for one and Yamaha sent them an email that the deliver of the Tracer 9GT is on schedule.  This was last week.  So, hopefully, at least here in the states, that is true.

Looks like Visordown posted a road test and review.

Tracer%209%20and%20Tracer%209%20GT%20Vis

SINCE 2015 the Tracer has been the sensible one in the otherwise...

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 3

I was out Saturday and stopped by a dealer.  They still had a 2020 Tracer GT and had it marked full price, had a used Tracer 900 and a FJ09 as well.  Think they would have come down but apparently not much.  Not sure what their plans for the 2021s are.  

• Confused 1