2021 GT Updates

Darold

• Supporting Member

I think I'm rapidly changing my 'whatever' attitude about the Tracer 9...    I see tons of detailed improvements in this video, and I really like the look in that silver color scheme.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

When they were taking the box frame off after unboxing the  2021 Tracer above, I was sitting on the edge of my seat thinking they are going to scratch that bike. 🤨

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Impressive video, really felt like I was a bystander watching the unboxing.  So many unboxing videos are either badly done or too professional.  Details are very interesting as @texscottyd says.  I'm seeing the styling looking better and better as I see more details and multiple angles.  No single massive change but lots of small improvements make a big difference I think - like the swingarm mounting inside instead of outside the frame.

The fairing which allows air thru intrigues me, wonder if it puts more air on the legs in hot weather?  Air intakes look better and not so tacked on like in some of the earlier photos.  Angles look smoother as well - still think it will be a good looking bike in person.  

Not ready to trade, just took a 2,000 mile 5 day trip and love my 2020 it is still a very nice bike.  

• Thumbsup 3

6 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

When they were taking the box frame off after unboxing the  2021 Tracer above, I was sitting on the edge of my seat thinking they are going to scratch that bike. 🤨

Oh me too.

Even when he was tightening the triple clamp with the torque wrench.

I wouldn't want to watch them un-crate and prep my bike. They wouldn't want me there.

🙂

• Premium Member
On 4/16/2021 at 9:37 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

LMK when you do your first extended ride on the T9 north...

As I IMd U, I'm headed north Sunday with a bud to meet the Really Old Guy who's fast as heck and knows all the really good roads.

Really old guys rock! And we do  know the good roads.  Which we don't  show to squids. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

Virginia

Yeah - that sucks. As of 2 weeks ago my dealership hadn't heard anything yet from Yamaha Canada yet either. 

It definitely seems that Yamaha Europe (EU) treats it's customers differently that Yamaha in North America. Folks on the Tracer FB pages in Europe were getting letters from Yamaha apologizing for the delay in their delivery times - some even citing the Suez Canal for the reason in delay (not that this would impact deliveries to NA).  These folks actually have delivery dates!

Bikes have starting showing up at dealerships in Greece, Romania and Spain (so far). 

Keep the faith!

Rob