2021 GT Updates

Darold

On 8/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, BVEBRAD said:

I now own the T9 GT.  I previously had a 2015 FJ09 that I rode for over 5 years.  The seat on the T9 is definitely higher than the previous gens.  It is much improved over the previous models but still lots of room for improvement.  I do plan on getting the heated comfort seat.  I love the bike but I am having a few issues that need addressed at the breaking maintenance.

@BVEBRAD - would like to hear about your issues if you want to share?

• Thumbsup 1

My only issues are a lack of accessories for the T9GT.  Overall it is a good bike and an adequate replacement for my FZ-1 Gen2.

I like the split gauges and use the right one to show items of interest but not crucial stuff.  Though I do find the tach a bit difficult to read but I usually rev by sound anyway.

• Thumbsup 2

41 minutes ago, OldBikers said:

My only issues are a lack of accessories for the T9GT.  Overall it is a good bike and an adequate replacement for my FZ-1 Gen2.

I like the split gauges and use the right one to show items of interest but not crucial stuff.  Though I do find the tach a bit difficult to read but I usually rev by sound anyway.

The available accessories in Europe is incredible. I use the term "available" loosely as a lot is on Covid back order etc.

Currently we can't even order the saddle bag/pannier liners. 😞

Rob

27 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

The available accessories in Europe is incredible. I use the term "available" loosely as a lot is on Covid back order etc.

Currently we can't even order the saddle bag/pannier liners. 😞

Rob

Was showing a bike brother the euro version of the MamaYama online accessory “showroom” last summer after I got my Tracer goo…

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bagmanhd1 said:

deposit down on a '21 GT9 in March

Take your money back and go for a '22?

I did much the same for a mountain-bike. After repeated promises, I ended up waiting over 9 months for delivery, only to have the newer, upgraded model announced the week of my delivery.

I know it's mostly psychological, but waiting all that time and spending all that money to be delivered a "year old" model didn't sit quite right with me.

This of course assumes that supply lines and production heads back to normal soonish. No guarantees on that front I guess but it surely can't get worse than it already is.

It also assumes Mr Yamaha announces a '22, but I bet they will, even if it's only a paint-scheme change.

Totally agree, not good of dealer or manufacture to deliver a year old model the week of the announcement.   If it's identical it is still psychological hit.  You will remember it and they have damaged their relationship with you.  Too many folks busy counting money in the good times to realize they have to survive the tough times.  I keep hearing auto mfg want to go to a order and delivery model but that implies paying list or close to it.  Crazy times and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the depth of the supply problems we are experiencing.  Everything I see and everywhere I go it is business as usual and the roads are more crowded than before.

i thought about waiting for a 22 but they're still having distribution problems that look likely to persist. i ordered a 22 grom that was expected in september but still nothing. problems everywhere

• 2 weeks later...