2021 GT Updates

Darold

Just an update on the MRA screens for the T9s. Originally they told me that they weren't going to re-design them for the Tracer 9 - but they have since changed their minds new designs are in the works. They haven't put any photos up on their site yet - but they told me soon! So if you are looking at them, maybe hold off a bit until the new version is released.

https://www.mrashop.de/com/model-based-products/yamaha/tracer-9-gt/bj-21/

Rob

• Supporting Member
On 7/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, rlambke19 said:

Just released for the Tracer 9:

https://speedo-angels.com/product/yamaha-tracer9/?attribute_pa_kit-option=3uc

I have mine on order and will report back once installed - it's 8 pieces!!!

Cheers,

Rob

I installed mine today: what a garbage product. Applied the large left-screen piece and it was nothing but air bubbles, and the adhesive is so strong that it's impossible to adjust after application and trying to rub the bubbles out just creates a permanent wrinkle. Decided to install the smaller trim pieces and see what the results would be; same.

Then I read the instructions... wet install with a soap solution. Oh.

Made myself a 50/50 Simple Green & water solution, ripped off the misapplied set, cleaned surface, sprayed solution, applied new set per the instructions exactly. Perfection.

Didn't think I was going to get humbled by a screen protector install on a Saturday 🙃 even worse looking back to see that @rlambke19 mentioned doing a wet install on a post that I missed in this thread.

The small piece(s) that go above the main displays that show neutral lights and cruise control are really hard to get the air/water bubbles out due to limited space. The plastic is also really soft, it reminds me of (and probably is) the old style plastic self-healing screen protectors for phones. Solid product, 9.5/10.

• Thumbsup 3

10 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

I installed mine today: what a garbage product. Applied the large left-screen piece and it was nothing but air bubbles, and the adhesive is so strong that it's impossible to adjust after application and trying to rub the bubbles out just creates a permanent wrinkle. Decided to install the smaller trim pieces and see what the results would be; same.

Made myself a 50/50 Simple Green & water solution, ripped off the misapplied set, cleaned surface, sprayed solution, applied new set per the instructions exactly. Perfection.

Didn't think I was going to get humbled by a screen protector install on a Saturday 🙃 even worse looking back to see that @rlambke19 mentioned doing a wet install on a post that I missed in this thread.

The small piece(s) that go above the main displays that show neutral lights and cruise control are really hard to get the air/water bubbles out due to limited space. The plastic is also really soft, it reminds me of (and probably is) the old style plastic self-healing screen protectors for phones. Solid product, 9.5/10.

Sometimes RTFM is valid 🤪

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. I will try installing mine when I'm back from my current tour through Sweden.

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, jthayer09 said:

Phew!

I was worried there after reading the first few lines of your post. Surprised they don't include the spray solution as other companies do (Eazi-Grip).

Glad it worked out @jthayer09 

How does it look? Are the lines where the pieces meet up really visible?

Cheers

Rob

On 7/16/2021 at 2:54 AM, rlambke19 said:

@nick@forceberg.netEazi Grip also came out with a version. It's only 4 pieces, but I'm not sure about them. I know the Speedo Angels stuff is quality and they stand behind their products. They did say to make sure you use the wet install process for this one.

Rob

I have Eazi grip. Works with water and soap which is included. Its a bit tricky to get in place. The top was the hardest part with the small inlays. I have few bubbles there.

• Thumbsup 1

I have changed windshield to Ermax high protection and color light black. I don't have problem with the standard screen but this looks much nicer, both design and color. It's around 40 mm shorter than standard screen. Personally I'm 1.83 centimeters tall.
It doens't make a huge difference compare to standard, perhaps less turbulence in normal speed. At higher speed there is still wind noise. I doubt you can eleminate that totally with any windscreen so who cares. Drive a car if you don't like wind.

Full turning circle works.

My last mod is more comfortable seat. Still looking.

IMG-20210727-165306.jpg

IMG-20210727-165315.jpg

IMG-20210727-165322.jpg

IMG-20210727-182150.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

On 7/27/2021 at 9:16 AM, rlambke19 said:

Best avatar that I've seen in a long time @Skidood!

😃

Thank you, it represents my low level of ego (well, as compared to most men on motorcycle forums)  combined with a slightly dorky sense of humour.

12 hours ago, Skidood said:

Thank you, it represents my low level of ego (well, as compared to most men on motorcycle forums)  combined with a slightly dorky sense of humour.

Not that I can talk about avatars. Mine is merely a photo of a best friend who died much too young... But @Skidood, I tried to zoom in on your avatar and I'm none the wiser. Is it a cultural reference I'm missing? Why is @rlambke19so impressed?

And apropos this topic: if you are such a cool cat, why are you riding a 2019 Tracer rather than a 2021 9GT? 😀

9 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

Not that I can talk about avatars. Mine is merely a photo of a best friend who died much too young... But @Skidood, I tried to zoom in on your avatar and I'm none the wiser. Is it a cultural reference I'm missing? Why is @rlambke19so impressed?

And apropos this topic: if you are such a cool cat, why are you riding a 2019 Tracer rather than a 2021 9GT? 😀

Hahaha.  Well, last November when I saw the 2019 at the dealer, (brand new) I couldn't say no.    And the avatar, that is not me, its just a funny meme I saved from Facebook.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

For anyone that is curious, a dealer in my neck of the woods finally got a tracer 9 gt in. I was able to sit on it right next to a 900 gt and even though the seat is “lower” the wider seat definitely makes it “higher”. I am 5’11 (183 cm) and I can easily flat foot the 900 GT but on the 9 GT I am on the balls of my feet.  Not too high maybe heels are up maybe an inch but there is definitely a difference. I like being able to put my feet flat and I thought with lower height would be fine but not so much.  Just an example of should probably try before you buy! Not sure if after market seat would change this or not but maybe… going to go look at a 9 GT again, Ducati MS 950S and Triumph tiger today.. we will see what I walk out with.. 

• Thumbsup 2