2021 GT Updates

Darold

5 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Wow, congrats!  I thought someone from the NE had one.  Doesn't matter, you have one.  Enjoy!

I don’t think they’ve showed up in the NE yet. I had a dealer try and pull a bait and switch tho for a 900gt 

6 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Wow, congrats!  I thought someone from the NE had one.  Doesn't matter, you have one.  Enjoy!

Thank you h1! 😊

• Supporting Member

As a bit of an aside, I find it humorous that this entire thread on the 2021 Tracer 9 GT (55 pages and counting) was initiated by a member who signed up, started this topic, and then disappeared all within 48 hours: 

image.thumb.png.38cad5e6a8aa784062089b8490f195bf.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

As a bit of an aside, I find it humorous that this entire thread on the 2021 Tracer 9 GT (55 pages and counting) was initiated by a member who signed up, started this topic, and then disappeared all within 48 hours: 

image.thumb.png.38cad5e6a8aa784062089b8490f195bf.png

MEMBER HELL!! He's a Yamaha employee infiltrator!!!!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Just looking at Powersports Plus in Albany GA and it appears they have a red and a silver or grey one.  Could be mistaken but they are on the website.  Back in 2016 I bought a 2014 ZX6R 636 from them.  A good dealer in a small town.  Don't know about service or anything else as I just rode in traded and rode away.  The ZX6R was a great bike and didn't have the first problem with it over a couple of years and 7,000 miles.  They were straight up but did have to hassle over the trade-in on my old bike when I showed up.  Otherwise no funny business with stuff like hidden charges etc.  

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

As a bit of an aside, I find it humorous that this entire thread on the 2021 Tracer 9 GT (55 pages and counting)

More interesting in my view is comparing the speculation with the reality. Dealers saying stuff they have no clue about, members offering opinions on whether Yamaha would even introduce a new 2021 model, incorrect photos, supposed euro 5 constrains on "new" models and much more.

Not that I'm going to wade thru 55 pages, but it'd be interesting to get a right/wrong score count on those who made claims about the model.

Certainly fun to speculate and wish and hope, as I do, but my gut feel is that we probably got a solid C-minus in speculative accuracy. We'll have to sharpen our pencils if we want to do better with the 2022 model :-)

Edited by ZigMerid
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, ZigMerid said:

We'll have to sharpen our pencils if we want to do better with the 2022 model 🙂

Bold new colors!  :)  

It’s out around the 2026 model where is gets interesting again…. 

Initial Impressions:

Front Brakes:  It sucks.  Will need to replace the pads and get some steel braided lines.

QS & DB:  Butter.  Perfect.  

Handling:  I have only demoed the Tracer 900GT so I can't compare but I had an MT09 and it feels more refined.  Handling is quick and smooth.  But I have only rode it for 35 miles.  😁  Feels lighter than my T7.  I think it is because it's bottom heavy.  The T7 is top heavy.  I can definitely move around the bike in my garage with less effort than the T7.

Suspension:  So much better than the MT09.  Very compliant.  I have to play around with the settings when I get more ride time.

• Thumbsup 2

8 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Initial Impressions:

Front Brakes:  It sucks.  Will need to replace the pads and get some steel braided lines  

Recommend giving the brakes a chance, they really need some miles to “bed in”, unless of course you’re looking for a more sport bike-like braking experience. 

my $0.02,

-Skip

Edited by skipperT
  • Thumbsup 2

23 minutes ago, skipperT said:

Recommend giving the brakes a chance, they really need some miles to “bed in”, unless of course you’re looking for a more sport bike-like braking experience. 

my $0.02,

-Skip

will def take your advice.  I hope to ride this bike bone stock for some time and not have to add anything to this bike.  appreciate your .02

Edited by h1seoul
  • Thumbsup 2

9 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Just picked mine up. My 3rd bike from them.  Coincidently, it was all Yamahas and all within the year!  😀

Tracer9_1.jpg

Tracer9_2.jpg

Congrats.

Still waiting mine and dealer said he got no info so far.

Ordered Dec.2020, location: New York City, USA

I'll wait another month if still nothing I'll cancel the deposit and get a S1000XR, only got like 5 month to ride this year..

10 hours ago, xcg1234 said:

Congrats.

Still waiting mine and dealer said he got no info so far.

Ordered Dec.2020, location: New York City, USA

I'll wait another month if still nothing I'll cancel the deposit and get a S1000XR, only got like 5 month to ride this year..

If I had the funds, the S1000XR would be my choice.  That is a great choice!

• Thumbsup 1