2021 GT Updates

Darold

23 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

People use too much air overall, that's the biggest mistake. You should literally feel the air moving between the chambers when adjusting your butt around. You don't want to hit the seat pan, but also don't want it to feel like a blow up raft. Once dialed in it's simply amazing and I can ride and ride and ride, so yeah less is always better with the air amount, and it's so easy/quick to adjust for the perfect feel. 

Thanks for the tip!

8 minutes ago, tclhb said:

More received them since Friday. I have one that is open today (Sunday), but it’s far away. I may go see if I can work a deal, or wait till Tuesday and do the same with more local dealers. 

Seems like a lot of west coast dealers and TX received them recently.  Wonder how popular it will be.  

20 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

Seems like a lot of west coast dealers and TX received them recently.  Wonder how popular it will be.  

Yeah, I wonder too. The dealer that’s just 20 minutes away has a $3000 dollar mark up on the Tracer. I was thinking of skipping them, or since it’s only 20 minutes away go in and see if I can get that down to $1000 or so. This dealer has about 5 new Goldwing on the floor too with about $5000 dollar mark up so I hope it’s just them locally that is being ridiculous. They are not open today. I would have shopped yesterday but I was riding with friends. 

26 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

I noticed that too. The first two I saw were TX and CA. I’m in So. Cal. 

Edited by tclhb

1 minute ago, tclhb said:

Yeah, I wonder too. The dealer that’s just 20 minutes away has a $3000 dollar mark up on the Tracer. I was thinking of skipping them, or since it’s only 20 minutes away go in and see if I can get that down to $1000 or so. This dealer has about 5 new Goldwing on the floor too with about $5000 dollar mark up so I hope it’s just them locally that is being ridiculous. They are not open today. I would have shopped yesterday but I was riding with friends. 

3k mark up!  🤮  Pass and run!

• Thumbsup 1

5 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

3k mark up!  🤮  Pass and run!

Yeah, I won’t do that. 
I miss the Costco Motorsports buying option. I used it in the past and that eliminated any mark up. That was really helpful when buying a popular model. 
From what I read it ended last year. 

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Thanks for the tip!

I have read put in enough air to where your rear barely touches the seat. That’s a good starting point then go more or less air to your preference. 
And that has worked for me. 

Edited by tclhb

53 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

My two closest Houston area dealerships both appear to have at least one in stock, listed at $14.9k USD

Must resist temptation…. 

Okay, here’s my argument for buying it. What if tomorrow evening you hear a knock on the door, you answer and a guy pointing a gun at your face says “show me a 2021 Tracer in your garage or I’ll blow your head off!”? Think how in your last moments you’ll feel not having bought one. Can you really take that risk?

I have used that logic several times to help me buy a new motorcycle. Works every time. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, tclhb said:

Okay, here’s my argument for buying it. What if tomorrow evening you hear a knock on the door, you answer and a guy pointing a gun at your face says “show me a 2021 Tracer in your garage or I’ll blow your head off!”? Think how in your last moments you’ll feel not having bought one. Can you really take that risk?

I have used that logic several times to help me buy a new motorcycle. Works every time. 

That logic don’t work with the wife.... I’ve tried. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

Let’s go Brandon

13 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

That logic don’t work with the wife.... I’ve tried. 

You can kick the bucket without warning.  Do you really want to leave this world without ever owning a 21 Tracer 9 GT?  😁

• Haha 1

Well, looks like I don’t have to worry about getting shot in the face tomorrow night. Heading home soon from the dealer with my 2021. Am I the first in the US on this forum?

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

I took the looong way home. Just pulled in to the garage. I love it! Reminds me of my CBR days from long ago. Looking forward to tomorrow for learning what all those buttons do and how to work the display. 
That horn has to go. Meep meeep

Edited by tclhb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tclhb said:

Well, looks like I don’t have to worry about getting shot in the face tomorrow night. Heading home soon from the dealer with my 2021. Am I the first in the US on this forum?

Wow, congrats!  I thought someone from the NE had one.  Doesn't matter, you have one.  Enjoy!

• Thumbsup 1