2021 GT Updates

Darold

14 minutes ago, ZigMerid said:

it hardly seems like this should be a show-stopper if everything else suits your needs? Yes, no?

Yes, I agree, you can and will change things to your requirements. I had read the spec sheets and watched the new videos and was expecting the new Tracer 9 to feel a little bit lower. Coming off my older 900 in the car park and then throwing a leg over the shop floor Tracer 9 I was surprised to find out I couldn't flat foot on both sides. But as i said previously that could in part be down to the brand new suspension.

posting for the friend who wanted to change his Tiger 800 (low edition) for the Tracer 9 but unfortunately the seat height was a show stopper. 

• Like 1

I could still flatfoot the new tracer 9 (6'4" / 193cm).  I think it may be a little bit lower in terms of raw height from ground, but the seat feels a bit broader, spreading your legs a little more, making flat footing it a bit tougher.  On the flip side, the lower engine is shaped/positioned a bit better so it doesn't push into your ankles like the current CP3 can if you've got your feet close to the bike.

I'd say the Tracer 9 is actually a bit more accommodating for a shorter rider than the FJ/900 is, but it's really not a simple measure of inches of seat height.  

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I'd say the Tracer 9 is actually a bit more accommodating for a shorter rider than the FJ/900 is, but it's really not a simple measure of inches of seat height.  

Yeah, fair enough. I've never been concerned about seat height as long as I can get my tippy toes on the ground. Flat footing never seemed essential to me. Heck, you can always get one foot firmly on the ground. What more do you need :-)

• Thumbsup 1

17 hours ago, h1seoul said:

Did anyone in the states take delivery of this unicorn yet?  My dealer is now unsure when and apparently, Yamaha of NA is unhelpful. 

Still waiting for mine in CA, dealer said May...

On 5/27/2021 at 6:11 AM, h1seoul said:

Did anyone in the states take delivery of this unicorn yet?  My dealer is now unsure when and apparently, Yamaha of NA is unhelpful. 

Nope still waiting. The dealer I though that had one pulled a bait and switch with me for a for a red (hahah you mean orange?) tracer 900 gt. Yamaha is completely unhelpful. It looks like they just showed up in dealers in the UK tho 

34 minutes ago, Greasyjonny said:

Nope still waiting. The dealer I though that had one pulled a bait and switch with me for a for a red (hahah you mean orange?) tracer 900 gt. Yamaha is completely unhelpful. It looks like they just showed up in dealers in the UK tho 

Seems Yamaha is the only manufacturer having issues.  Other brands seems to be doing fine.  I called Yamaha and they said that less is being produced due to the pandemic.  But how about the other brands?  How are they being able to deliver?  I also gave them a hard time asking why their website states availability in April and they started getting defensive and started being rude.

I have come to the conclusion after many trips to motorcycle dealers that Dodge and Plymouth salesmen had kids who grew up and after learning from their father become motorcycle sales people :-)  Just kidding but amazing how bad sales tactics of years past show up at some motorcycle dealers.

I have one of those red/orange ones and I bought a Bolt in January they call ceyanne orange.  They are a similar color but one goes a lot faster.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:19 PM, Wintersdark said:

I could still flatfoot the new tracer 9 (6'4" / 193cm).  I think it may be a little bit lower in terms of raw height from ground, but the seat feels a bit broader, spreading your legs a little more, making flat footing it a bit tougher.  On the flip side, the lower engine is shaped/positioned a bit better so it doesn't push into your ankles like the current CP3 can if you've got your feet close to the bike.

Remember if you sit on the new Tracer 9 on the sales floor that until the bike is connected to a battery and the key switched on, that the suspension is Locked-Up. 
You won’t really get an accurate ride height or suspension feel of compressing the front or rear unless the bike has been PDI-ed. 

-Skip

• Thanks 1

So my dealer called me and said that next Friday, they will have it.  it is on the truck now to be delivered.  But I ordered liquid metal and the Red is being delivered.  Will look at the red and see if I can live with the color.