2021 GT Updates

Darold

Friday was a nice day. Picking up from my dealer.
After seeing all three colors I now know I did the right choice to choose red color when I ordered mine in october.

IMG-20210528-161325.jpg

and a few more days from the weekend.

IMG-20210528-193407.jpg

IMG-20210529-111442.jpg

IMG-20210529-111530-2.jpg

IMG-20210530-144357.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Zafiro said:

Friday was a nice day. Picking up from my dealer.
After seeing all three colors I now know I did the right choice to choose red color when I ordered mine in october.

IMG-20210528-161325.jpg

and a few more days from the weekend.

IMG-20210528-193407.jpg

IMG-20210529-111442.jpg

IMG-20210529-111530-2.jpg

IMG-20210530-144357.jpg

Grattis! 

I just got home from a few days in Helsingborg/Ålabodarna. Beautiful weather and lots of bikes out!

Enjoy 🥳

1 hour ago, h1seoul said:

Zafiro,

is that stock seats or custom?  From some angles, it looks like it is custom.  That is a beautiful red.  Now, I am glad that I am getting the red.

Stock.
With some nice red stitches and Alcantara material. If you choose Yamaha Icon Performance you get blue stitches.
Standard tracer 9 comes with leather seat but somehow my butt felt more comfortable with Alcantara.

39 minutes ago, Zafiro said:

Stock.
With some nice red stitches and Alcantara material. If you choose Yamaha Icon Performance you get blue stitches.
Standard tracer 9 comes with leather seat but somehow my butt felt more comfortable with Alcantara.

Dang...now I am more looking forward to taking delivery of mine!

Hi,

I wounder about the Kamo Tech. Is the paint job matt and not covered with a layer off lacquer ? Is that something to consider and will the paint be less protected ? 

I can't decide between the Kamo Tech or the Icon Performance (silver).

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I wounder about the Kamo Tech. Is the paint job matt and not covered with a layer off lacquer ? Is that something to consider and will the paint be less protected ?

The matte finish should be no less durable.  Matte finishes have been used for many years on vehicles with no issues.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 minutes ago, betoney said:

The matte finish should be no less durable.  Matte finishes have been used for many years on vehicles with no issues.

Ok thanks. Can you think of any other disadvantage with a matt paint ? I'm considering between the Kamo Tech or the Icon Performance. 

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Ok thanks. Can you think of any other disadvantage with a matt paint ? I'm considering between the Kamo Tech or the Icon Performance. 

I don't know if I would call it a 'disadvantage' but you just care for a matte finish differently. 

matte-dos-donts-twitter.jpg

Just knowing some basic do's and don'ts can mean the difference between...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, Zafiro said:

I can't take off the rider seat. Do I need to be a genious how to figure it out?

Not a genius, just resourceful, your owners manual has all of that info.
On the previous models you removed the rear seat with the key and slid a latch to remove the riders seat.