2021 GT Updates

Darold

So this is all that was in the tool bag.  And I can't find any documentation on what should be in the tool bag.  For ones that took delivery, is this what you have too?

Tools.jpg.fc4fddd574b42f66120569a855247717.jpg

2 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

So this is all that was in the tool bag.  And I can't find any documentation on what should be in the tool bag.  For ones that took delivery, is this what you have too?

Tools.jpg.fc4fddd574b42f66120569a855247717.jpg

Yes, its the only thing.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Even Yamaha has its traditions...

Newer tradition that sucks.  Even my 15 had more, albeit cheese metal tools but my 76 RD400 has a full tool bag AND self canceling turn signals!

Porqua? 

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, TomTracer said:

Motorcycle seats are ridiculously expensive I fully agree. IMO the bike manufactures could easily tweek what they put on their bikes and provide acceptable comfort for a huge percentage of their buyers. Bet there are lots of us who have tried different items to improve riding comfort. But(t) when the hot spots flair up during a ride most of us will try anything! The most comfortable stock seat I ever had was on my KLR650, all day comfortable for me on many week long + trips. The least comfortable is the stocker on my new 2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT. The fool who designed that stupid silver thing affixed to the front of the pillion seat deserves some sort of punishment 😬.

To each his own. I splurged on what I knew would solve my discomfort problem because cheaper options were all on back order. While I intend to keep riding as long as I can, at my age I won't waste a day of valuable riding time waiting on "we'll advise when this item becomes available" from seat comfort vendors affected by the business shut/slowdown due to the Covid issue. 

Anyway Ride365, sounds like your arse is happy, mine is happy! Let's keep riding safely and ENJOY!!

Could it be that to make them really comfortable, the seats wouldn't look as sleek and "sexy"? Eg. more padding etc. (keep it clean boys & girls!) . Some of the really top end custom seats which I'm sure are super comfy tend to look bloated etc.

Just ruminating out loud.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Greasyjonny said:

The carbon one sounds great. But I’m not sure it’s the right look for the bike, at least for me. 

Agreed, since owning the FJ that is one thing I have grown to appreciate, NOT have a side mount exhaust.  I like the clean, uncluttered look.

• Thumbsup 5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 hours ago, betoney said:

Agreed, since owning the FJ that is one thing I have grown to appreciate, NOT have a side mount exhaust.  I like the clean, uncluttered look.

Seeing as Akra’s tracer exhaust is identical to their MT-09 exhaust you could infer that This yoshimura exhaust for the 2021 MT-09 would also be their offering for the Tracer model. Looks a lot better IMHO. Under slung is the way to go. Cheaper too. 

• Premium Member
On 6/9/2021 at 10:13 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Newer tradition that sucks.  Even my 15 had more, albeit cheese metal tools but my 76 RD400 has a full tool bag AND self canceling turn signals!

Porqua? 

And kickstart only.  I loved my RDs though.