2021 GT Updates

Darold

• Premium Member
On 6/26/2021 at 7:48 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

That's what I said to him

Before he left I said you couldn't pick a worse day to do it and he said he had his rain gear but it didn't help

I just can't believe he did it because Chicago traffic with tornadoes in the area for the last couple of days

What is mode 2 to out of 4

Isn't that what you said you were in

It's still nowhere near as bad as coming back from the 08 moto GP

That was a major near US Minnow storm

3 and a 1/2 hours normal turned into 12 of hell

I rode through water up to my knees and all the major highways shut down and the cops were nowhere to be seen to redirect traffic

I think I 65 was shut down for like a week

David I'm glad you're back in one piece we'll talk later

Glad I didn't make it that first year.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
8 hours ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

the new gauges are really easy to read and looks great on this bike.

That has been my biggest concern, video reviews don't show the gauges accurately and make them look like they are very dark and hard to read.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
35 minutes ago, betoney said:

That has been my biggest concern, video reviews don't show the gauges accurately and make them look like they are very dark and hard to read.

The gauges are very down low and at a weird angle; I have to take my eyes off the road to look at it. It suffers from glare a lot more than the old FJ09 screen and isn't as bright and mines turned up to the max. The font is very legible and clean though.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
56 minutes ago, jthayer09 said:

The gauges are very down low and at a weird angle; I have to take my eyes off the road to look at it. It suffers from glare a lot more than the old FJ09 screen and isn't as bright and mines turned up to the max. The font is very legible and clean though.

As colorful and 'updated' as the new displays are, I still enjoy the very legible and simple (old school) display of the original FJ09.

We like the dual-panel digital display, but not the uneven segments on the fuel gauge bar graph.

• Thumbsup 6
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

I don't experience that issue at all myself. I'm 175cn if that matters.

They are much bigger than what they appear on photos and videos. Not sure people who say they cannot read the small font might have vision issues worse than mine but for me they are simply perfect.

Great angle. Great brightness. Great clarity and great looks.

Still missing Tyre pressure and remaining mileage to empty however. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

I don't experience that issue at all myself. I'm 175cn if that matters.

They are much bigger than what they appear on photos and videos. Not sure people who say they cannot read the small font might have vision issues worse than mine but for me they are simply perfect.

Great angle. Great brightness. Great clarity and great looks.

Still missing Tyre pressure and remaining mileage to empty however. 

Agreed.  I like mine and the fact that you can "customize" the right screen and the two lines on the left is a good feature.  I'm 5'9" and have no problem reading the gauges.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

The more I read about other peoples' experience with the T9GT the more I'm convinced the bike was made for people 5'9" and shorter ;D 

I think the stock windscreen sucks, yet people here are posting that it's wonderful and mentioning they're between 5'7" and 5'9".

I think the gauges are hard to use because I have to look down to see them, and again people who are 5'9" or shorter are saying they're great.

I'm closer to 5'11" than I am 5'10"; 180cm. It's crazy how different the experience is on the same bike.

Next big advance in motorcycle technology: tiltable/adjustable gauges? 8)

• Thumbsup 5

On 7/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, nick@forceberg.net said:

Finally picked mine up 2 days ago! It's soooo freaking awesome! 🔥🤘 this is completely a different bike compared to the Tracer 900. And the new gauges are really easy to read and looks great on this bike. 

20210707_211530.thumb.jpg.63a0343d82ade90f19b0269a7e414ba0.jpg20210707_211554.thumb.jpg.28ef55d6b79ce0ff66b53ceda48c1e7a.jpg

Welcome to the club!

I have done 300 swedish mil so far. I like the bike a lot but I will wait for a more comfortable seat. Hopefully Sargent will have one available for 2021 Tracer.
I used to have Sargent seat on my MT09 which was much better than stock. Other than that I like the new Tracer, now my girlfriend can come with me for longer trips 😁

Edited by Zafiro
  • Thumbsup 2

I picked up my Tracer 9 GT last week, traded in my 2018 Triumph Street Triple. The bike is nice and responsive, with a good lower end grunt to the engine. I’m almost 5’11 and can’t quite flatfoot, but that doesn’t bother me. The windscreen is average, it does take the wind off but does create a bit of turbulence. It probably needs 3 more inches on the highest setting to be mostly calm, which would mean buying the optional touring screen which is about 3” taller and wider, but frankly it’s not that bad. A much shorter screen would be interesting for very hot days where you want to feel tons of wind like a naked bike.

The 2 display screens work out fine, would be nice to be able to customize more in terms of what to put on the right screen. My Triumph had tire pressure monitoring that integrated in the display, that would have been nice. I also wish they had the option to put CarPlay on the right screen, I’ve screwed up my phone camera in the past attaching it to handlebar mounts (vibrations screwed up the focus function). The Menu scroll wheel would be perfect to access the CarPlay apps.

Not many accessories available in the USA right now, dealers know nothing about the comfort seat or side sliders, I know there are serious back orders in Europe so it may be a little while before we get all the accessories they get in Europe.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Steaktastic said:

I picked up my Tracer 9 GT last week, traded in my 2018 Triumph Street Triple. The bike is nice and responsive, with a good lower end grunt to the engine. I’m almost 5’11 and can’t quite flatfoot, but that doesn’t bother me. The windscreen is average, it does take the wind off but does create a bit of turbulence. It probably needs 3 more inches on the highest setting to be mostly calm, which would mean buying the optional touring screen which is about 3” taller and wider, but frankly it’s not that bad. A much shorter screen would be interesting for very hot days where you want to feel tons of wind like a naked bike.

The 2 display screens work out fine, would be nice to be able to customize more in terms of what to put on the right screen. My Triumph had tire pressure monitoring that integrated in the display, that would have been nice. I also wish they had the option to put CarPlay on the right screen, I’ve screwed up my phone camera in the past attaching it to handlebar mounts (vibrations screwed up the focus function). The Menu scroll wheel would be perfect to access the CarPlay apps.

Not many accessories available in the USA right now, dealers know nothing about the comfort seat or side sliders, I know there are serious back orders in Europe so it may be a little while before we get all the accessories they get in Europe.

I use this screen spoiler from eBay and it helps a lot with turbulence, adjust for your riding posture. I'm 180cm (almost 5'11) and it helps a lot. It was even better than the Puig touring screen.

SW-Motech has a set of sliders for the bike and a rear luggage rack. Givi is still in "article in manufacturing" status for most things. Shad also has their 3P side case mounts and rear rack available. Check those out if you don't wanna wait for OEM stuff.

15 hours ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

Thanks!

Just ordered a kit to myself over here in Sweden

@nick@forceberg.netEazi Grip also came out with a version. It's only 4 pieces, but I'm not sure about them. I know the Speedo Angels stuff is quality and they stand behind their products. They did say to make sure you use the wet install process for this one.

Rob

• Thumbsup 1