2021 GT Updates

Darold

• Premium Member

Everyone looking at my bike: You've got a headlight out.

Me: The FJ09 headlights just look really weird. 

Yamaha: Hold my beer

Seriously, I'm really interested in this bike to eventually replace mine, but only because I don't have to look at it. 

red_t9_2.thumb.jpg.936bce4b3ce12deff716420e886154f0.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Wow...lots of hate on here for the new model. To each their own, I guess.

Personally I am looking forward to my 2021 Tracer 9 GT (if it ever does show up). And yes, the dash is the one thing I am the most nervous about - but in speaking to several folks in Europe that have seen the bike in person- they all report that it's much nicer/better looking when seeing it "in the flesh".

Given that I am excited about every other aspect of the bike - I'm good with it.

The discounts where I live on previous model years are not significant enough to make me want to go with that option. And that I haven't been bike-less for this long in over 25 years, I'm excited.

Rob 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

Wall-e.png

image.png.edda4cdfd5dac4285730063eea213e8d.png

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, mikerbiker said:

With the OEM exhaust on this as a hole out the bottom it'll be interesting to see if any aftermarket exhaust options will be available.

They will have to get creative for sure. There are actually two holes and apparently those who have ridden it say it sounds pretty good (as stock exhausts go).

Rob

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Wow...lots of hate on here for the new model. To each their own, I guess.

Personally I am looking forward to my 2021 Tracer 9 GT (if it ever does show up). And yes, the dash is the one thing I am the most nervous about - but in speaking to several folks in Europe that have seen the bike in person- they all report that it's much nicer/better looking when seeing it "in the flesh".

Given that I am excited about every other aspect of the bike - I'm good with it.

The discounts where I live on previous model years are not significant enough to make me want to go with that option. And that I haven't been bike-less for this long in over 25 years, I'm excited.

Rob 

Same, I actually like the dash and thought so as soon as I saw it. It’s got this retro-futurism vibe I dig. Already got my deposit down and if the my-09 reviews are any indication this is gonna be a banger. 

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

I love the look of the ‘21 all around. I also think the exhaust porting underneath is a brilliant idea, aesthetically that is. Maybe functionally as a road de-icer too? 😀

I absolutely hate the dash - at least currently, I'd need to see it in actual use though, but to me it looks way too retro on a very non-retro bike as it stands.  But I'm pretty happy with the exhaust; think it looks better than any of the prior MT/FZ/FJ line of bike's exhausts anyways.  

That said, mounting a custom exhaust would be exactly the same as now - you can't just put a slip-on on these bikes, as the muffler and cat are one large assembly and the visible "muffler" is just a heat shield over the exhaust outlet.  On the new Tracer, it'll be exactly the same - just replace with a full system as usual, and remove the whole cat/muffler assembly.

• Thumbsup 1

Not fond of the dash but will wait to see in person.  Really like the exhaust, hate the giant cans on the side of so many bikes.  If I didn't have a 2020 I'd get the 21 for sure but will wait for now.  The 2021 is going to be a big success, gets so many things right and has the wonderful engine.  Every really successful bike has to have a marquee feature, Tracer has the CP3 with a good bike wrapped around it.  I've had a couple of bikes that were good all round bikes but without a standout feature - they were not all that successful.  

• Thumbsup 4

7 hours ago, Greasyjonny said:

Some ride reviews from the euro press launch are finally starting to roll out. They’re all in French or Spanish at the moment though. Hoping to see a steady flow of them released in the next few days 

Are you French/Spanish literate? Love to hear your interpretation if so.