2021 GT Updates

Darold

43 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

I would also be in this camp if my 2019 GT hadn't been written off last month. Suffice to say I am in the market for a new Tracer. I can replace my '19 with the exact same bike (colour & all), get a 2020 or wait for the 2021.

whoa, how your ride get written off?  hopefully not a bad crash?  

and yeah if I was shopping right now for a bike I'd wait for the 2021 (there is a case to be made that a first model year with all these new bits, new engine, new exhaust, etc.... could be risky though) 

Long story - but  a racer boy in a lowered VW Golf decided to play slot car racer and hit me from behind. Sent the bike down the road about 50 feet (I think it flipped at least once) and I slid about 30-40 feet. All the gear, all the time saved me for sure. No real injuries other than a sore shoulder where I landed on it before sliding.

As for the risk associated with a new model - I'm fine with it. I always buy extended warranty when buying new anyways.

For me, it will be does it float my boat like my 2019 did enough to justify the difference in price.

Rob 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Long story - but  a racer boy in a lowered VW Golf decided to play slot car racer and hit me from behind. Sent the bike down the road about 50 feet (I think it flipped at least once) and I slid about 30-40 feet. All the gear, all the time saved me for sure. No real injuries other than a sore shoulder where I landed on it before sliding.

As for the risk associated with a new model - I'm fine with it. I always buy extended warranty when buying new anyways.

For me, it will be does it float my boat like my 2019 did enough to justify the difference in price.

Rob 

Rob,

Did the cager squid get nicked, and did he have insurance!!

Glad you're OK

• Thumbsup 1

From FB ...   

To me... my initial reaction is "phucking yikes"  Its like someone forgot to stop adding shit to it.   Compared to the very clean/minimal lines of the current tracer this is borderline gaudy and bulbus. 

New cases as well. which look bigger (which is good I guess, but I do like the slimline nature of the current Tracer ones).  

I was really hoping for something closer to the super clean and tight lines of the Tracer 700. 

122995217_992036171279635_428400264194707956_n.jpg

123181575_992036161279636_189202224243956754_n.jpg

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

From FB ...   

To me... my initial reaction is "phucking yikes"  Its like someone forgot to stop adding shit to it.   Compared to the very clean/minimal lines of the current tracer this is borderline gaudy and bulbus. 

New cases as well. which look bigger (which is good I guess, but I do like the slimline nature of the current Tracer ones).  

I was really hoping for something closer to the super clean and tight lines of the Tracer 700. 

122995217_992036171279635_428400264194707956_n.jpg

123181575_992036161279636_189202224243956754_n.jpg

Where'd you see those photos is there a write-up that's the first I've seen it out in the wild?

7 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Rob 

Whoa,  glad you are ok!!

• Thumbsup 1

50 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Where'd you see those photos is there a write-up that's the first I've seen it out in the wild?

The tracer 900 gt fb group ,  no other info on there. 

• Thumbsup 1

57 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

That's what I've been asking on FB - these look like an amateur took them - terrible angles. But real roads with leaves down, so interesting to know the source.

I think I need to see it in person - or at least some nice proper marketing photos on the Yamaha site.

Those look like Multistrada bags. Excited about those!

And I just finished saying I'd like a grey or silver option! But I don't want "blurple" wheels". Bah!

From the front, I'm not really sure what I am looking at!

And why oh why did they switch the front brake reservoir to a cheap looking plastic cup. Let me guess - weight savings? Ugh.

Rob

Edited by rlambke19

12 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

And why oh why did they switch the front brake reservoir to a cheap looking plastic cup. Let me guess - weight savings? Ugh.

Now that you brought it to my attention, I can't take my eyes off of it.... terrible

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

12 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

Now that you brought it to my attention, I can't take my eyes off of it.... terrible

I think it’s because they went to a radial master cyl.   Those dont generally have integral reservoirs.   I do like the plastic ones actually,  makes it easier to fill and check the level :)

• Thumbsup 4

Just now, Clegg78 said:

I think it’s because they went to a radial master cyl.   Those dont generally have integral reservoirs.   I do like the plastic ones actually,  makes it easier to fill and check the level :)

Very dirt bike-esque.

Can probably replace it with a tinted one or cover it with one of those reservoir socks.

Or get used to it.

🙂

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Wonder if it's off the R1 (like I did but they kept the 298 rotors) or R6?  +1 on the clear res.  The electronics are kick ass but not sure about the suspension.  I'm still happy wth my highly upgraded 15, just wish I could add a QS with blipper (McCruise nixs that) and cornering ABS & TC would be quite nice.