2021 GT Updates

Darold

On 11/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, texscottyd said:

114 mph indicated, actually.   

I think it was only the US spec FJ that was limited, and I’m not sure when the speed governor went away on the factory bikes... I’m assuming with the introduction of the Tracer here in the states, with its longer swingarm to improve higher speed stability.  

My US 2020 is e-limited to 130 mph indicated FYI. 

• Thumbsup 1

I really like what the 2021 tracer 900 looks like if it's in red like that spy photo, reminds me of the multistrada. Really hope the USA gets it in red like that.

I like the tracer 700 a lot too but for some reason they're not available in the USA. WHY

Edited by tenn_bate

Thanks @Wintersdark, photos help me visualize it but still not fond of what I think it looks like but will wait to see it in person. Interesting the way they added the "scoops" to the vents.  I'm not sure about the way the lights appear to hang under the fairing but cant tell how that really is.  Sigh, guess we will have to wait.  I like the electronics on the new bike but overall very happy with my new 2020 I got in September. 

So - no love for the Tracer from Yamaha today. They announced the MT-09 SP with the following upgrades:

KEY FEATURES
Exclusive SP-specific Features 
• Dedicated R1M-inspired colours 
• Cruise control system 
• Premium KYB front suspension package (fully adjustable) 
• Öhlins rear shock absorber (fully adjustable) 
• Double-stitched seat 
• Anodized brushed aluminium swingarm 
• Anodized black levers, handlebars and black rear sprocket 
• Clear-smoked front and rear brake fluid reservoirs

Fancy.

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

So - no love for the Tracer from Yamaha today. They announced the MT-09 SP with the following upgrades:

KEY FEATURES
Exclusive SP-specific Features 
• Dedicated R1M-inspired colours 
• Cruise control system 
• Premium KYB front suspension package (fully adjustable) 
• Öhlins rear shock absorber (fully adjustable) 
• Double-stitched seat 
• Anodized brushed aluminium swingarm 
• Anodized black levers, handlebars and black rear sprocket 
• Clear-smoked front and rear brake fluid reservoirs

Fancy.

That SP looks damn nice!

• Thumbsup 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:42 PM, Wintersdark said:

Hah I have my Tracer up there on basically every ride that's anything beyond commuting to work 😃

Actual sport bikes packing I4's typically go waaaaaaaaay past this.  Even like a little R6 will do 160mph, let alone the literbikes.

Have you considered FJR bags?  They have the same mounting and indeed exactly the same backside - just different lids.  You can put a reasonably large helmet into the FJR bags.  

You can literally just buy the lids and swap your lids for those to convert over. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

That SP looks damn nice!

Agreed.  I'm glad that they are finally bringing an SP version to the U.S.  I like the silver swingarm, something a bit different.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Nice suspension upgrades for only $1,600 which seems like a fair price to me.  Would be nice if they did the same for the Tracer GT

AUD$1750 here - good value.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

8 hours ago, flyfifer said:

Bet the Ignition key still goes in a stupid place !

It doesn't (if the same as mine).   But the location of the seat release keyhole is under the seat, in harm's way from road dirt and grit, even if it has a cover!   OK if you can stand on your head...

8 hours ago, flyfifer said:

Bet the Ignition key still goes in a stupid place !

P1070258.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.