2021 GT Updates

Darold

49 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

I was originally saddened by all the features they added having bought a 2020 this spring, seating, electronics, suspension... but damn I'm glad I have a 2020, can't stand that front end.

Well, it would be nice to have some of the extras, but I think my 2020 at about $2500 less was worth it.

img.jpg?id=5fac72a52a0ab7057cc78001&w=40

2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT Sport Touring Motorcycle

• Thumbsup 2

Perhaps a USA rider could help. New 2021 model is quoted price of $14899

What is/was the list price of a 2020 model in the States

Would like to see how much it has gone up and work out a guess of the price in the UK

So it looks like from the photos on the Yamaha site, that when the bike is running, the top lights have some LED strips and only the one bottom "headlight" is lit. Assuming that the other side will light up with hi beams activated? That seems so odd to me that you have all that potential for lighting and still only use so little of it in running mode.

Edit: looks like the upper lights act as the cornering lights.

And the dash - that its a nightmare. Just a tad larger of what the 19/20 GT models had would have been fine.

Do not like the red at all. It hi-lights that giant front fairing. Not a fan of the blurple wheels, but would have to opt for the silver.

Hmm...lots to think about.

Rob

Edited by rlambke19

14 minutes ago, PowerMalc said:

Perhaps a USA rider could help. New 2021 model is quoted price of $14899

What is/was the list price of a 2020 model in the States

Would like to see how much it has gone up and work out a guess of the price in the UK

The list on the 2020 GT in the US was $12,999.

• Supporting Member

Yeah I agree.  I watched the promo vid and the 360 photo - it just looks sort of bloated and chunky...they've styled out those nice simple lines, replaced with bulbous and semi-useless protrusions for seemingly no reason.

bleh

Then again, who knows.  Maybe it's a blast to ride and it's a killer deal in this segment.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

5 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

image.png.5a15903f6bc60e6302ddc05247eaad3b.png

Thanks

That is a rise of 14.6%

If mirrored on the UK price it would go from £11045 to £12650 before road fund licence costs of £148

Having said that ATM it is possible to pick up a new 2020 one for just over £10k but I don't think you will get that level of discount initially on the new model

OK, after having looked at the pictures and the video clips on line I like that Yamaha have moved the bike on a bit. I like most of what has been changed and will reserve judgement on the looks until I can see it in front of me. What I do know however is that I will in no way consider spending the difference in cash between my trade in price and a new model (guess about £6,000) I have a good bike in my 17 plate with 13,000 miles on it and it will be mine for a good bit longer.

• Thumbsup 1

I paid $13.5k US dollars otd for my 2020 two weeks ago, really no incentives given by Yamaha. I did get $500 off MSRP from my dealer who had to go get the bike 500 miles away. I traded a Africa Twin in and a Suzuki GSX both had miles on them. I received a $770 tax credit for the trades so my license plate and final up with my county was $114. From what I got on trade for the two bikes I ended up paying dealer $300 of the $13.5k I normally do not trade in motorcycles for other motorcycles but this time around it made $en$e. After looking at the 2021 glad I did not wait on it. The IMU would be nice but do I really need that, probably not.

• Thumbsup 2

In the interests of price comparison ... i bought a "new" pre reg demo bike about a month ago for £9500. It was actually registered in the second week of August. It had a few little extras fitted, rad guard, chain guard and tank side gel stickers. Lots of dealers i spoke to were trying to off load the 2020 models asap. Still some unregistered bikes for £10,000 about.