Cruise control

igalmarino

I am having problems turning on cruise control.

I'm on the road at the correct speed on 4, 5 or 6 grear. Press the cruise control button, the indicator light turn on but if I release the throttle the bike slow down (indicator still on)

Anybody had a similar problem ?

If I’m not wrong you have to press the “set” button, which I think is the “-“ button as well to activate (set) the desired speed

• Thumbsup 1

You live more in five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their entire life. "Marco Simoncelli" - Yamaha Tracer 900 '19 - Honda CB650R '19

The yellow indicator light tells you that you have turned the cruise on.  You then have to push the "set" button and it will lock in your current speed. 

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

51 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

The yellow indicator light tells you that you have turned the cruise on.  You then have to push the "set" button and it will lock in your current speed. 

And when you press the set button a secnd light will come on.

Good one Tango, at one point of time while trying to engage set, it just simply unable to lock in, off it and try again and does not work, discover after many attempt it was my heavy shoes on the brakes that is causing it unable to engage. 

• Thumbsup 3

23 minutes ago, Bonneville said:

Never understood why cruise control needs to be turned on before set

Probably a safety measure you are less likely to switch on cruise control by accident if you have to press two buttons. Volvo drivers probably don't need this as they are probably very safety concious.😃

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shizzle said:

Yep, pressing 2 button's literally wears me out wen riding 😏

Well I guess if you weigh that against the energy saved using a Quick Shifter you come out ahead... 😀 😝

Blue Lives Matter