Front brake light switch recall, 900GT

Yamaha Canada is recalling 4524 bikes..... 900GT, Super Tenere, Venture, Eluder, FJR, MT10, FZ10, NikenGT to replace the front brake light switch. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Thanks for posting.  That is 2019-2020 Tracer GTs and 2019 Nikkens from what I found on a website.  Since I've got a 2020 Tracer GT -manufactured late 2019 I'm wondering if they are going to do a recall in the US?

EDIT:  LOL had to fix where autocorrect changed GTs to Its!

Edited by PhotoAl

Do you confirm they do a RECALL in Europe ?

I'm in France and as far as I know I haven't received (yet ?) any "recall"

I've heard that some owners, facing some problem with "capricious" cruiser have seen their front brake switch changed, but only case by case and not systematically.

• 1 month later...

Received and turned my letter over to my selling dealer yesterday. They’re ordering the part and will contact me when said part arrives. Currently no issues with my bike on the brake switch problem but it only has 2900 miles on it and I’ve had it 3 months. 

East coast southern NJ. I have not received any letter yet but entering my VIN on the Yamaha site shows a recall.

What is the issue with the switch? Edit... never mind I see what it is. 😀

Blue Lives Matter

Going by the local dealer this morning to ask about it.  Wish I could take it to the dealer I bought it from, but they are 1,400 miles away in South Dakota.  Local folks owe me after some of the mistakes on my BMW and telling me sorry can't help when it broke in the middle of Nebraska.  

EDIT:  They are ordering the parts and will do it when the parts come in.  I'm expecting a few days for parts.  Good this is a slow time of the year for them.

Edited by PhotoAl

6 hours ago, Blue Wheels said:

I got my letter yesterday, 1/29.

I guess I can expect my letter soon, too (AR).  That's fine, I'm still waiting for a new front rim from Japan anyway.  Will have both items installed same day.  Plus a fresh pair of shoes, just in time for the nice weather!

On 1/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, Tango said:

East coast southern NJ. I have not received any letter yet but entering my VIN on the Yamaha site shows a recall.

What is the issue with the switch? Edit... never mind I see what it is. 😀

BINGO!   Got my letter... 🤪

Blue Lives Matter