What boots do you ride in?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
I wear Alpinestars SMX-PLUS boots. They are comfortable on and off the bike and have enough safety features to make me feel safe at speed. I bought a pair of Alpinestars SCOUT WP boots but only wore them once. The toe-box on the scouts are big and make shifting my FJ a chore (does anyone else have this issue with some of the adventure boots I see posted?)...the SCOUTS are a nice boot but not for the FJ.

Rusty Spoke, I'm wearing size 12 A Stars Scout WPs and raised the shift lever all the way and they are okay - but tend to snag the pegs. Thinking of hitting the first line of cleats with the grinder...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

very comfortable, good for dual-sport but not rock hopping as they are lighter on armor than some true off-road boots. Great water resistance, work well on a street bike but not as great as a pair of A*'s:

http://www.btosports.com/p/gaerne-balance-oiled-boot

also use these around town, comfor4table and waterproof:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/tcx/x_cube_waterproof_boots.html

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I just got a pair of Alpinestars Corozal boots. They were a bit snug in the width so I removed the insoles. Now they are very comfortable. I have 9 EEE feet. One problem is that boots squeek at the hinge. I tried silicon spray and oil with no improvement. I found silicone grease that plumbers use on o-rings works great. Shifting is easy. Sole is not as thick as my old boots. I will be installing the Yamaha lowering links when they arrive after being on backorder.

I have the Sidi Apex mid-length road boot/Sidi Adventure Gore and the Dianese Fulcrum C2 Goretex. I would rate them in order of decreasing comfort on the Tracer as follows:
Dianese Fulcrum>Sidi Apex>Sidi Adventure Gore

Dianese is my go-to boot when I want all day on/off bike comfort and bad weather protection. It is very flexible and it breaths very well due to its all leather construction; however it protective feature is quite minimal compare to other full length boot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't bought riding boots yet... Haven't bought the bike yet, either, but it's coming as soon as we get our income tax money back. Which boots would y'all suggest for someone who isn't accustomed to wearing boots?

For dual sport and winter street (FJ) riding I currently have and like Sidi Canyon Goretex. They have a flexible Vibram sole, very comfortable, waterproof membrane, great to walk in and keep your feet warm and dry. But they don't quite offer the protection I'd like and pretty warm for hot summers. For just street summer (FJ) road riding I like Sidi Vertigo Air's. They have a stiffer sole and body, very cool temp wise, also very comfortable and light weight. But not quite the flexibility and walking comfort I enjoy with the Canyon's as they are strictly a street/track boot but still not a full out race. Their also not waterproof but I can wrap up my feet in trash bag if caught in serious rain. The two combinations cover all my on and off road riding.

If I ever have to get a replacement pair, Sidi's last forever and their Vibram soles are replaceable, I believe I'd replace the Canyon's with Sidi Armada GoreTex. Vibram sole that's almost flat enough for off road, waterproof, comfortable and better then average protection. Probably a bit stiff during break in but I understand they soften up well after walking in them awhile. I'm sure they'd be too warm for my summers though. I ride low 20's during winters and the first few digits over 100 during summers. 
  • Thumbsup 1
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Anybody with size 12 feet have a recommendation?
surgery?
I, like you, have been cursed with size 12 feet since puberty.  With the proper positive outlook and therapy, as well as good sizing decisions, you can learn to live with this aflection and go forward with a full and happy life.  No surgery necessary.  
If you are Also cursed with a wider foot as I am, try the TCX brand size 46. They have a wider toe box and fit my foot well.